Chapter 12: Good (Read: Bad) Ideas

Chapter 12

Izuku was slightly confused as to why he'd been called to the Teacher's Lounge, and his confusion only grew when he saw Aizawa waiting there. His teacher wasn't looking to great, seeing as he now looked like a mummy wearing Eraserhead's clothes, and all he could see were his tired eyes.

"Midoriya, I need you to do something for me," Aizawa started as soon as Izuku closed the door, "Your quirk can be used to heal, right?" Izuku felt he could see where this was going.

"Yeah. Let me guess, you want me to heal you?" Izuku guessed. Aizawa sighed and peeled off his bandages, revealing a face that Izuku would rather not describe, but let it be known that it was by far not the most pleasant face Izuku had seen in his life; the most pleasant face was probably Reiko, and the least pleasant face was from one of the villains from the USJ.

"Just do it," He said. And so, Izuku put his hand on his teacher's face.

"You are aware this is going to hurt, right?" Izuku mentioned.

"Kid, I've been a Pro Hero for nearly half my life, I can handle a little pain. Izuku shrugged and proceeded with overhauling his teacher's face. It only took a second, and by the time Izuku was finished, Aizawa was back to normal. Better, even. Izuku had taken the time to give him a shave and remove his eye bags, and when Aizawa opened his eyes, he almost looked like a grumpy teenager instead of a hobo. Instantly, Aizawa grabbed his phone and looked at it before his brows furrowed and he looked at Izuku.

"Why do I look like my teenage self but with longer hair?" He asked, sounding exasperated.

"Well, I thought you'd want to get rid of your eyebags and get a shave, you know?" Izuku explained. Aizawa sighed and put his phone away.

"Whatever. I don't feel tired for once, so that's something. Don't be late to class," And with that, the reclusive Aizawa had left Izuku in the teacher's lounge. Izuku stood there dumbly for a minute before remembering that he did have class that morning, and he quickly rushed to Class 1-A. However, while on his way, he accidentally bumped into a solid wall of muscle.

"Oomph!" Izuku grunted as he fell onto the ground.

"Haha, whoops! I should have been watching where I was going!" A cheerful voice said. Izuku looked up at the source of it to see Tintin's Muscular Cousin. He was smiling, and with his 2 blue dots for eyes it gave him a surprisingly approachable aura.

"No, that was my fault. Are you a senior?" Izuku asked. The boy laughed again (he really likes to do that that, huh?)

"Yep! I'm Mirio Togata, I'm a 3rd Year Hero Student!" Mirio greeted. Izuku got up from the ground, and when Mirio offered his hand for a handshake, Izuku immediately went for it, only for his hand to completely phase through Mirio's.

"Wha-?" Izuku yelped as he pulled his hand back towards himself.

"Haha, yeah, that's my quirk! Pretty cool, huh? Anyways, you better get to class, and so should I really!" And so, for the 2nd time in 2 minutes, Izuku was left standing awkwardly as a person walked away. He continued on his way to the classroom, and he opened it to find most of the class there. He made his way to the back, where all his friends were hanging around. Reiko was the first to notice him.

"Ah, good morning, Midoriya," Reiko greeted. Izuku smiled instinctively when he heard her, and he did a small wave.

"Morning, guys!" Izuku greeted back. He took his seat in front of Reiko and joined into whatever they were talking about.