Chapter 40: Home Visits

Chapter 40

"So, All Might, I see you finally got surgery." Aizawa noted as the self-driving car (thank god Nedzu let them borrow it from the school) drove down the highway towards their first stop. All Might looked up from his files, his far-less emaciated face giving him an aged but still relatively good-looking appearance.

"Ah, yes, Young Midoriya managed to convince me to do something about my...condition..." All Might explained, looking to the side sheepishly as he remembered how Midoriya had pretty much forced him to get healed. He would admit though that he was very glad that he'd followed Midoriya's advice, as for once he didn't feel like he was in constant pain! Aizawa sighed and leaned his head back.

"Of course it was Problem Child to convince you..." He muttered before looking out the window, "Oh, we've arrived." And indeed, they had pulled up in front of an average home, with a flourishing garden outside. Aizawa got out along with All Might, who was now wearing a suit that actually fit him. Aizawa scratched his chin uncomfortably as they walked up to the door. If there was anything he hated, it was social interaction and having to be formal. That is, shaving his stubble and actually styling his hair. But unfortunately for him, he was doing both.

He knocked on the door, his knuckles rapping against it three times before he stood back. He waited awkwardly next to All Might for a couple seconds before the door opened, revealing a woman with long, messy black hair, wearing a very gothic style outfit, with black wings being spotted behind her. She was about mid-30s, Aizawa guessed, but she didn't look that bad. She was also definitely a foreigner, which Aizawa knew thanks to her name: Medfølende Svartevinger.

"Oh, you're Fumikage's teachers, right?" She asked, sounding cold, which Aizawa didn't blame her for. After all, she almost certainly blamed them for the fiasco that was the Summer Training Camp.

"Correct. We need to talk to you about a recent development in UA's curriculum. May we come in?" All Might asked. Medfølende looked at All Might, her eyes narrowing before sighing, standing aside to let them in. As Aizawa entered, he took note of the distinctly European interior. There were some European-style paintings of what seemed to be some historical scenes. He would admit that Europeans knew how to make good art; sometimes he even listened to Beethoven when he felt like having some music playing.

"The Lounge Room is this way." Medfølende stated, walking past them into a side room, which Aizawa and All Might followed her into. They sat on the two armchairs opposite the sofa, which Medfølende sat in herself.

"Alright, what do you want?" She asked, and Aizawa immediately got to business.

"UA is being transformed into a Boarding School. It's been in the works for a while, but Nedzu decided to put it into action after the recent events." He explained, before nudging All Might.

"While General Education, Support, and Business are not required to use the dorms, I'm afraid that it's been decided that the Hero course for the time being must agree to using the dorms, or face being moved into a different course, or even expelled." He continued, crossing a lanky leg over the other, "I wish it wasn't necessary, but Nedzu has decided it's best to keep the Hero course close to Pro Heroes at all times after...previous events..." Medfølende's eyes narrowed at that, and her coldness seemed to expand throughout the room.

"Oh, yes, because it's gone so well when they've been within eyeshot of Pro Heroes." She snarled, "My son needs to get a prosthetic beak now, did you know that? We could only afford it because one of Fumikage's friends was both kind enough and rich enough to pay for it. Why should I send him back to that hellhole you call a school when he's already getting disfigured?" The room was silent for a moment, and Aizawa sighed.