Chapter 22: An Eye for an Eye

Chapter 22

Izuku started by slamming his hand into the ground, creating a thick wall between him and Stain, allowing Izuku a bubble of time to tend to Iida and the other pro who was there. He just had to hold out until help arrived, which was probably going to be easier said than done.

"Iida, why the fuck are you trying to fight Stain?!" Izuku yelled as he knelt down at Iida's side to assess the damage, "He's called the Hero Killer for a reason!"

"Just leave, Midoriya!" Iida snapped back, "This is my battle! I need to avenge my brother!" Izuku's eye twitched.

"Dude...I could have healed your brother," Izuku stated coldly.

"Oh..." Iida replied.

"Actually, that was what I was going to offer back at the train station!"

"Oh...,"

"AND HONESTLY, YOU'RE-," Izuku barely had anytime to dodge as a knife landed right in the wall in front of him, in just the right area that if he hadn't moved, he would have likely had a knife in his throat by now.

"A true hero would never stop to yell at someone!" Stain snarled, jumping towards Izuku with an unexpected amount of speed. Izuku pressed his hand against the wall and created a pillar, aiming it at Stain who dodged it just before it hit him, landing his feet on the opposite wall and kicking towards Izuku, blade aiming for his arm. In a move Stain didn't predict, Izuku allowed his forearm to be impaled, lodging it and the blade into the wall, giving Izuku the opportunity to use his other hand to swipe at the dumbfounded Stain. He dodged, but left his katana in Izuku's arm, allowing Izuku to destroy it and repair his arm.

'Fuck, that actually hurt,' Izuku thought as he looked at Stain, who was already pulling out a second katana, 'I hope she doesn't take too long; she did say she was in Hosu tonight...right?' Izuku slapped the ground with his hand, creating spikes intending to impale Stain's arms and legs, which only nicked the man as he managed to dodge in time.

"You're quite skilled for a student," Stain growled, crouching on a balcony above them, his red eyes practically glowing in the dark, "Perhaps I misjudged your abilities..." A kunai flew down from where Stain was positioned, but this time Izuku wasn't quick enough to dodge it, and it cut his left hand. It didn't really hurt, though, so he figured he'd be fine. Stain jumped down from above, which Izuku hadn't anticipated; if you had throwing knives, why give up the high ground? As a result, he wasn't able to keep Stain from...licking his wound? Suddenly, Izuku's entire body froze up, and he crashed into the ground.

'W-What the?' Izuku mentally panicked as he realized that any form of movement was now physically impossible, 'Is this his quirk? What even...wait a second, if this is some form of paralysis, then how is it activated? Touch? Doubtful, otherwise he'd use hand-to-hand combat instead of blades. Taste? No, he'd be trying to lick Izuku that entire time. Wait, what if...it's activated by digestion of blood? That makes sense, now I think about it. He uses knives to cause wounds, and then he just has to lick them, like he did with me!'

"Now...let's get back to what I was doing before," Stain muttered, pulling out another Katana (holy shit, how many of those did he have? This was reaching bullshit levels of plot convenience!) as he approached Iida, who was still stuck on the ground, "Ending the life of another fake hero. I did tell you to leave, boy. Nobody can stop me but All Might, I won't allow it." Stain raised the rusty blade over Iida's neck, lining it up. Suddenly, Izuku faintly heard the sound of crackling electricity, and he mentally breathed a sigh of relief, 'she made it! And just in time as well.'