Late

Your blissful weekend had come to an end. Your weekend was amazing, getting to meet up with 4nemo, eat sushi with 3lectro and play Mario kart until 2 am. But unfortunately, it was a Monday. Again.

Wait. what time was it?

7:47

Shit I'm gonna be late

You jumped out of bed and ran to the bathroom with a hairbrush and towel at the ready. School started at 8:00, and you were far from looking presentable.

After your shower and getting your hair done, you ran to the living room.

7:58

Shi shit shit shit shit

You ran to the counter where you found a slice of buttered bread and a note. You quickly scanned the note.

Dear y/n, you looked absolutely adorable while you were asleep, so I decided to not wake you up. And if you are wondering why I did not just simply text you this, It is for the simple reason that my nails are too long to touch the screen.

You groaned and grabbed the toast, shoving it in your mouth as you hopped around, trying to find balance while tying your shoelaces.

Grabbing your bag, you bolted out the door. You dashed down the small flight of stairs to the elevator which had a sign that said: Under construction.

Great. Just your luck, getting up late and having to run down three flights of stairs and all the way to school which was at the other end of the campus. You jumped onto the stair handrail and slid downwards, and jumped off quickly, using the momentum to push yourself forward. You pulled out your phone and checked the time.

7:59

One more minute till the bell rang and the gates locked. You ran even faster than before, putting in all the energy you had. You could see the school gates just up ahead, only a few yards away from where you were.

And that's when you heard it.

BRIIIIIIIING

"No, no, no, no, no!" you panted while running up to the doors which were automatically shutting. By the time you made it, they were locked.

You groaned and plopped onto the ground, trying to catch your breath. After a little while, you got up and yelled, hoping to get someone to notice you. But unfortunately, everyone was already in class, so no one could hear you. Out of desperation, you looked around, whipping your head side to side for anything that could help you. The school's gate was way too high, so it was out of the question. But the school was surrounded by a stone wall that was a little shorter, something you could climb if you had a platform to climb up from...

Then your eyes landed on something. You grinned and walked towards the tree. It was a tall sakura tree, and if you could climb it, you would make it to the other side of the wall. And you didn't take rock climbing at summer camp for nothing! You were a pro at climbing trees.

You removed your backpack and tossed it onto the wall's edge. You bent down and secured your shoelaces, then ran up to the tree at full force. You put one leg on its trunk, pushing yourself upwards where you grabbed onto a branch. Hoisting yourself up, you looked for another higher branch. Successfully finding one, you continued your climb, until you reached the last branch.

"Yes! I'm so close I got this.." You muttered, reaching your hand out to the branch while you had your tongue stuck out to the side. You grabbed it, heaved yourself on top, and were about to climb onto the wall when you heard a loud crack.

Your face paled as you sat still, not wanting to end up like a pancake. After all....

It was a long way down. Surely anyone who fell from this height would break a few bones. Or even die. Quickly, you leaped off the branch and grabbed onto the ledge of the wall. You heard a loud thud behind you, and sighed in relief, thankful you acted fast. You then tried hoisting yourself onto the top of the wall. But, the wall was smooth, with no cracks or ledges for grip. Oh no...