A new friend

"She's been like this all week."

"I'm getting worried..."

"Hey, Y/n do you want some strawberry milk? Aiya she isn't responding!"

"What do we do?! Comrade!!"

You paid your classmates no mind, boring your eyes into your math textbook, stacks and stacks of papers and books littering your desk. A cup of half-eaten ramen sat in the corner with your open pencil case and phone. Your (h/c) locks splayed messily across your face as your eyes scanned line after line, hand moving in sync to solve the complex equations. You took another sip of your coffee, throwing the empty cup into the wastebasket behind you (which was completely filled with coffee cups mind you.)

"Get me another coffee," you said in a hoarse voice, smacking a mora pouch in Xiangling's hands. The girl regarded you worriedly as the others exchanged an uneasy glance.

"Why is she so worked up? Y/n always gets great grades, and she's pretty chill about stuff like this." Chongyun questioned.

"The real question Is what motivated her so much to work this hard," Xingqiu whispered.

"Or...who?" Hu Tao asked mysteriously.

"Her focus and hard work put me to shame..." Ganyu muttered sadly from afar.

"Ah, Ganyu! Come over here!" Hu Tao yelled as a light bulb went off in her head.

"Eh?! Oh, what is it Hu tao?" Ganyu asked politely, a soft smile stretching across her features.

"You have to tell Y/n to stop! You're always the one to overwork yourself! Y/n's gonna be on her deathbed if she studied anymore, and I don't want her to be my 100th customer!!" Hu Tao yelled with tears in her eyes.

"And she texted me at 4 am to ask me what Einstein's theory had to do with gravity!!" Xiangling followed, gripping Ganyu's sleeve as she sobbed.

"U-uhm.. it's not that I don't want to help, but I just don't...know Y/n that well..." Ganyu said awkwardly, looking down at her feet.

"Comrade is really fun, don't worry!" Childe reassured.

"Plus it could be a break from work for you too!" Chongyun chimed in.

"U-uh." Ganyu stuttered.

"Don't worry. We'll cheer you on!" Hu Tao reassured, a smile on her chibi-like figure as she gave a thumbs up. Everyone else followed, giving Ganyu the thumbs up, stars sparking around them brightly. Ganyu slightly stepped back and sweatdropped. 'what have I gotten myself into...' she thought to herself miserably.

Taking a deep breath, she strode up to you, who was still intently focused on your textbook, slurping ramen through your fork.

"Um, hello. I am Ganyu of the Liyue section in Teyvat High. I'm also...your classmate..." Ganyu said softly, hands behind her back as she looked down with a slight blush.

You looked up from your book with a blank stare. You reached a hand out to Ganyu as you responded. "Yo. I'm Y/n L/n. The one who got suspended 3 times before and burned down the girl's dorm once."

Ganyu sweatdropped even more. 'Oh Archons what have I gotten myself into...' Ganyu turned her head to the back to look back at Hu Tao, Childe, Xingqiu, Xiangling, and Chongyun. They only gave her silent nods.

"I was um wondering if you would stop studying for a moment if you could. Please." Ganyu said, mustering all the confidence she could.

"No can do bro. I need all the studying I can get to cram all this info in my head and get 1st place in all the subjects." you stated casually, chewing ramen and scribbling down a formula.