Not a field trip

You were peacefully snoozing away, hugging your doge plush close to you. You felt a slight tap on your shoulder but decided to ignore it. You were having the best dream ever, one about a date with xiao ( ͡ ° ͜ʖ ͡ °). You then felt someone shake you, to which you grunted and hugged the doge tighter. (At this point, you were strangling it)

You then felt like you were being lifted up. A second later, you felt immense pain in your stomach, almost like you had been dropped. "OW!" two voices yelled, one yours and the other's, a familiar funeral parlor director's.

Snapping your eyes open, you took in the scene around you, and saw that you had been dropped on top of Hu tao. Looking up, you saw a scowling Xiao.

"What are you, sleeping beauty?" Xingqiu asked from a corner of the sofa, where he was seated with a book.

"More like sleeping rock.." Xiao muttered.

"Who dropped me?!" you yelled.

"y/n git orf of mreee" Hu tao struggled from underneath you as you shuffled away.

"Not me. I chose the civilized method of trying to shake you awake, but Mr.Emo over here was planning on dropping you in the bathtub." Xingqiu explained. "If I hadn't thrown my encyclopedia at him, you would've been soaking wet," He said, glancing up from his book.

You turned your head to glare at Xiao. Quickly, you threw your doge plush in his face. It bounced off his nose and tumbled to the ground.

"you (insult)" you muttered, to which Xiao only huffed and walked away.

"Why didn't you try to throw Hu tao in the bathtub?!?" you yelled.

"AIYAAA YOUR SO MEAN Y/NNNN"

~~~~~

Everyone was lined up on the balcony of Wangshu inn. This school trip was for educational purposes.

"Alright everyone! Pay attention!" Ninnguang yelled, and the initial chatter died down. "For our trip, we will be heading to the chasm, where you will be learning about rock layers and special minerals."

Most of the students groaned, but you and Hu tao were excited. After all, the chasm was private property and said to be extremely dangerous, so this was a perfect adventure! Well..at least for you. The coffin girl standing beside you was just hoping to get her sales started.

"Now, we will be assigning you partners to pair up with, so make sure to stick with them!" a pink-haired girl with horns said.

"Yanfei and I will be together, as she knows the chasm well enough to navigate it by herself. If anyone gets lost, we will hunt you down- I mean, find you," Yelan said, forcing a smile.

"Now shut up and follow us," Beidou said.

Beidou started announcing partners, and sadly for you, Hu tao was paired with Xianling.

"Last pair, Xiao and y/n," Beidou finished. You could hear Childe yelling "oh come on!!" from a distance, depressed about being paired up with the infamous mora spender.

The walk to the chasm was a long one, but you kept talking the whole way, trying to get Xiao's attention. He just ignored you and kept walking. Giving up, you simply ran ahead to where Zhongli and Hu tao were, joining their conversation.

"The chasm is just up ahead," Zhongli said to you. "You must watch your every step from here. The chasm is filled with mysteries of all sorts."

"Will do, peepaw!" you yelled, and ran back to Xiao, grabbing his hand.