Past uncovered

Idk i just randomly got sent this art from a friend and decided to use it. No clue who the original artist is even after 30 minutes of searching.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hello y/n. May I eat lunch with you?"

You glanced up from your math review sheet, momentarily pausing your chewing as you held your onigiri. Your blank face was replaced with a smile as you moved over to let the blue-haired female sit beside you. "Yes, of course! come, come, sit here!"

"Thank you. Oh, what's that?" Ganyu asked, leaning over your shoulder and eyeing your papers. You were currently studying, realizing you had wasted far too much time goofing around on the beach trip you went on with the others.

"Ah... it's my review sheet for the exams. I promised Xiao I would score top marks this time and he would give me a reward..." You froze after you said this, face flushing a bit. Well, you didn't mean for that to slip out.

Beside you, Ganyu slightly chuckled. "My brother also talks about you all the time."

Your head shot up as you stared at her. "what."

Ganyu smiled softly but didn't try to explain further.

You sighed, knowing she would not continue even if you tried asking her. So decided to let it go. "Hey, Ganyu? Are you ready for the exams?"

"Oh! I studied all night for the past week. I think Im almost ready. What about you, y/n?"

"I don't know...I feel like if I stay positive, I'll end up disappointing myself with a bad grade," you replied with a nervous smile, eyeing your messily scribbled review notes.

"Don't worry Y/n! I have no doubt you will do well on the exams! We can study together someday if you want, and I can help you with your weak points." Ganyu exclaimed with a smile.

"Ah, the perks of being friends with a smart person~" you sighed happily, leaning back and sipping your apple juice.

Ganyu giggled and the two of you talked for a while as you ate. However, there was one question you wanted to ask her. It might be personal, but you were too curious to back down now.

You looked down with a small frown. "Ganyu I have a question. About Xiao."

"What is it, y/n?" Ganyu asked, tilting her head.

You continued, "Xiao is nice but...I feel like there's a part of him he hasn't shown anyone yet. I feel like it's a kind of barrier between us, yknow?" You then snapped your head up to look at Ganyu.

Ganyu's smile slowly fell as she sighed, closing her eyes. She looked up once more, opening her lunch box and shoveling a rice ball in her mouth before speaking. "I understand your curiosity, y/n. Xiao has just been through....a lot, as a child."

You looked up with curiosity as you picked up a new onigiri to replace your empty hand. Ganyu continued, "and I am sure he would tell you when he is comfortable. But, I can give you the basic story of what happened."

"..." You remained silent, awaiting Ganyu's explanation. You didn't want to interrupt her and wanted her to only continue if she was comfortable. The atmosphere had grown thick now, and an aura of sadness and regret radiated off Ganyu. You lightly let out a breath you didn't know you were holding in.

"Xiao has had many friends since he was young, though they were almost like siblings to him. He never knew his real parents, so he was raised in the orphanage with me until we were both adopted." Ganyu started off softly, her eyes looking slightly empty as if reminiscing the past. You remained silent, processing the information Ganyu had given. It was quite a shocker that Xiao was an orphan before he was adopted along with Ganyu; But then again, this was probably the reason he never talked about his past.