Lunch with the gang

Xiao and you entered the school premises, quietly stalking up to the main entrance. You had only stepped on the first stair when Xiao announced "Now that you've made it, I'm leaving."

You turned around, confusion written on your face. You crossed your arms and tapped one foot on the ground. "And where do you think you're going?"

"Nowhere you need to concern yourself with" Xiao scoffed.

"Really now? Since you helped me, it's only fair I repay the favor by helping you make the right life choices"

"What are you, my mom?" Xiao asked, frustration lacing his words.

You winced a little. True, you were not in control of him, and where he went or what he did, didn't concern you, but you were only trying to look out for him.

"Take a chill pill. I was only curious. If you don't want to tell me and intend on skipping school, then have it your way." You stated curtly, gripping the straps of your bag and turning away.

You heard a sigh behind you and someone grab your wrist to prevent you from walking away.

"Fine... I apologize for my harsh words." Xiao grumbled.

Hiding your smirk, you turned back and asked him, "Now do you wanna tell me where you were planning to go?"

"Skip school. What else?" He states casually, releasing your wrist.

"Wait why are you skipping school? How often do you skip?" you asked, surprised at this attitude.

"I skip school wherever I want. Now if you're done with your interrogation, I'm leaving."

Now it was your turn to grab his wrist. "Wait! What about your grades?"

"Don't care"

"Uh I'll keep you company the whole day?"

"I'd rather have the company of Itto than you"

"I'll ignore what you just said there. Uh your favorite food is almond tofu, right? If you stay I'll make some for you!"

"..."

Xiao stood there silently, contemplating your offer.

Without a word he started walking into the school with you trailing behind him. Taking this as a sign of his agreement, you silently cheered at your victory. Good thing Venti told you about his love for almond tofu during your last meetup.
Xiao and you walked to class in silence. You decided it was best to shut up and not barrage him with questions, fearing he would change his mind about going to school. But then a question came to mind.

Wait...

Why are we walking the same way?!? I'm supposed to get to class!

"Xiao! I need to get to math I can't go with you." You said.

He stopped and turned to face you with confusion. "We have the same class..."

Wait we have math together?? Now I feel plain awful for not paying attention to everyone, You thought, freaking out.

While mentally scolding yourself, Xiao continued, "I skipped most of it obviously, but math was only recently added to my schedule."

"Oh"

And so the silence continued until you reached your class. You brought your hand up to knock on the closed classroom door, but Xiao confidently barged in without a moment of hesitation. The second the both of you stepped in, all eyes were on you. There was a little whispering and points, but Xiao ignored this and dragged you in.