Almond tofu lessons

You, Zhongli, Childe, and Xiao arrived at Wangshu inn at around 6 pm, with Ms.Yelan and Yanfei walking you back. Dain said he would take care of the others, since they were going in a different direction anyways. And that is how he parted ways with you.

"Ugggh...we're finally...here-" you groaned, slumping onto the wall of Wangshu inn. Xiao was also panting, and Zhongli was carrying Childe on a piggyback ride since he had fallen asleep while walking.

"Quit your whining and get a move on." Yelan strictly said, shoving you so that you crashed into Xiao.

"Watch it." he sneered.

"Jeez, what is up with everyone's hormones today?" you asked, rolling your eyes.

"Thank you for walking us back, Yanfei and Ms.Yelan. Xiao, thank you for saving everyone, and y/n, thank you for your irreplaceable company." Zhongli kindly thanked, struggling to bow with Childe on his back. He gave up and bid farewell to everyone before trudging to his room.

"Good night Ms.Yelan." you and Xiao said in unison, for Yelan to only threaten them so they don't leave, before walking away with Yanfei.

"See you!" Yanfei called out.

Xiao and you climbed the stairs, going up to the top floor where your room was located. WHY THE HELL IS OUR ROOM SO HIGH UP?!?

You seated yourself on the floor while Xiao knocked on the door. No response.

He knocked again, and again, before sighing. "Looks like those imbeciles fell asleep." he groaned, running his hand through his hair.

"Okay, then how the hell are we supposed to get in?" you asked.

"I don't have the keys. So what do you suggest?"

"We should climb in through the window." you pointed to a very dangerously high window. "It'll be quick"

Xiao regarded you in shock. "No we are not doing that," he said, grabbing your wrist and pulling you back downstairs.

"Uggggh no the climb was for nothing..." you groaned.

The two of you walked to the front desk. Well, at least Xiao did. You had no strength left, so you were hopelessly crawling on the ground. Xiao did the talking, and thankfully, Verr gave you both the keys to an extra room.

"It's on the top floor," Xiao said calmly, to which you let out a frustrated groan.

Xiao sighed, and got off the chair he was seated on. He crouched to the ground with his back facing you. W-wha-

"Well what are you waiting for, princess? Are you not getting on?" Xiao asked impatiently, turning his head so you could see his blank expression.

"Well I don't want to trouble you ha ha.." you laughed, scratching your neck awkwardly. Xiao gave you a displeased look, so you decided to shut your mouth and just listen to him. It's just a piggyback ride, I'm not going to die or anything..

You hesitantly climbed on, and Xiao got up quickly, startling you. His arms wrapped around your thighs tightly, to make sure you don't fall. He walked up the stairs at a surprisingly brisk pace. You relaxed, and placed your chin on his shoulders, while your arms rested around his neck for support. He was surprisingly strong for his size, especially after a tiring two-hour walk down a mountain.

You fought back a blush, closing your eyes. But, unbeknownst to you, the emo's ears were tinted a shade so dark it couldn't be considered red anymore.

After reaching the top floor, he used carefully one hand to unlock the door, and pushed it open, revealing a bright room, smaller than your original ones, but big enough for the two of you. There was a balcony, a bunk bed, one bathroom, and a mini kitchen. Even each of your bags was there. Strange. It's almost like someone planned this...