Well, we're screwed

"Y/N AND XIAO! DETENTION FOR THE REST OF THE SEMESTER!"

You jolted awake, hitting your head on a hard object. Holding your head, heard a groan beside you. Looking right, you saw Xiao rubbing his head too. You came to the conclusion that you had fallen asleep on his shoulder and he was resting his head on yours, when you decided to suddenly jolt awake.

You blinked a few times, taking in the setting. It was dark and cold, and smelled like old water. Though, there was a comfortable warmth on your shoulders. You looked down and saw a jacket that didn't belong to you. Xiao's Jacket.

You were going to take it off to give it back, but Xiao's hand stopped you, signaling to keep it on. You smiled and your heart beat faster as you put your arms through the sleeves. The jacket was a bit too (big/small) for you, but it was warm regardless.

Wait... why did I wake up? Oh no the voice...we're so screwed

Ms.Yelan came over and wacked the both of you on the head with her binder, hard. You and Xiao groaned for the second time, rubbing your heads and looking up. Ms.Yelan was giving the both of you the scariest look you'd ever seen. It reminded you of your father, scary enough to send chills up your spine.

"What are the two of you doing here?!" Someone yelled from behind. You turned and saw Yanfei, another second-year student from the Liyue section's law department.

"Long story," you and Xiao said simultaneously, while Yelan let out a long sigh.

"Do you know how long we've been looking for you? Is it not simple enough to just follow the rules, and stay away from the damn cave?" Yelan asked, her glare only getting colder.

"W-well-"

"It was her fault," Xiao said quickly, pointing at you with an emotionless expression.

This emo son of a-

"WOW. WAY TO SELL YOUR PARTNER OUT." you growled, resentment dripping from your tongue.

"I simply said the truth," Xiao stated. You rolled your eyes and said, "I'm not making you almond tofu anymore,"

Xiao looked shocked for a second before his expression turned angry. "Whatever," he muttered.

"Ahem"

The both of you turned to Yanfei, who had quietly been going through her book. "Guys...we need to find a way out of here. Especially since Ms.Yelan is a teacher, we have to get moving now,"

"Oh, so you're prioritizing the teacher over the students?" you asked icily.

"Be grateful I even came down here to save your butt. Now let's get a move on," Yelan said, swiftly picking you up and throwing you over her shoulder.

"Wha- hey!! What is up with everyone picking me up all the time?! I can walk!"

"Quit your yapping," Dain snapped, only just have gotten up. "Oh, er, I mean- My sincerest apologies, Lady y/n. I am cranky in the morning."

Lumine got up too and was showing her map to show Yanfei and Yelan, while Xiao brought Shinobu, and Itto back. And you...you were flopped across Yelan's shoulder like a dead fish. Yanfei said that you were 'guilty' and needed to be captured. Thankfully, once everyone gathered, Yelan finally put you down.

"Morning, sunshine!" Itto yelled while stretching. "Moo" Ushi greeted.

"Good morning. Are we training?" Shinobu asked.

"(your good morning line)" you said, (smiling/ wearing an indifferent expression). "And no, we're escaping!"

"We're wasting time. Let's go." Xiao said, instantly dulling the mood.