Ungodly hours

Hehehe this is the chapter everyone has been waiting on, so buckle up!

Note: Not edited!!

~~o~~

You couldn't sleep

You tossed and turned, and kept trying to calm down. But yet, something was bothering you. 

Why can't I sleep? Whenever I close my eyes all I can think about is Xiao....ugh ew I sound like a hopeless simp now. But we were so close to having a kiss! Aw man....too bad Venti walked in. I'll put some cat fur in his wine as revenge hehehe-

Unable to take it anymore, you sat up on your sleeping bag, surveying your surroundings. Everyone had their sleeping bags arranged in a circular shape in the middle of the living room. The tv had been left on, and only the soft snores of your friends could be heard. As your eyes adjusted to the darkness, you noticed one sleeping bag empty. With a sigh, you pulled the cover off of you and crawled away from your resting place in between Miko and Ei. Quietly, you crept to the kitchen and opened up the fridge, grabbing a carton of maple syrup, and drinking it. As you sipped on your drink, you walked into the hallway and noticed that Xiao's hightops were nowhere to be seen. 

You coughed, resulting in you choking on your maple syrup. After you recovered, you snapped your head to the clock on the wall which read 1:34 am.

Where the hell is he at 2 am???

You quickly tip-toe-ran to your room, throwing on an oversized hoodie over your T-shirt and shorts, then grabbed a pair of socks and (type of shoes). Lastly, you grabbed a fanny pack and stuffed your keys and phone inside before leaving your dorm. Before you left, you wrote out a small note for the others and stuck it to the refrigerator.

You ran down the dark hallway, glancing out the window to see the crescent moon shining brightly. The clacking of your shoes against the marble floor rang loud and clear in the dead-silent hallway. You stopped by the edge of the window, and climbed onto the ledge. With one swift movement, you leaped onto a tree branch outside, then swung from the branch and landed on the ground. Students were not allowed to be on school premises after 9 pm, so if you got caught now, it would definitely get you in detention. So as a result, you had to resort to jumping out windows. You crept around the school building for what seemed to be about 20 minutes until it hit you: why not try calling him?

Facepalming at your stupidity, you reached into your bag and grabbed and opened contacts. Your finger hovered over Xiao's contact momentarily, before clicking the "call" button.

You waited for a bit.

No answer.

You tried again, and again, only for no positive results. By this point, you were starting to freak out a little. It was partly because Xiao wasn't answering, partly because it was 2 am and you thought you were lost, and also because you could hear footsteps coming from behind you.

Without even a second to spare, you did a quick backflip and kicked your leg at the mysterious person, yelling "CHIDORI!!"

THUD

You looked at the person on the ground. Scarlet hair, green eyes, a beautiful face...

SCARLETT??

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE??" you whisper-shouted at her.

"UGH, ITS YOU, THE UGLY SLUT WHO PLAYS WITH MY XIAO!" she screamed back in her annoyingly nasal voice. 

"Scarlett! Are you okay?? And what is she doing here??" came a voice from one of Scarlett's minions. She had straight black hair and blue eyes.