Volume 4 Chapter 6: Tipping point, the earth rises

(Play Opening)

It is a cloudy day, RNJR and Timothy are following a mossy stone tile path through the wilderness. While walking, Nora stretches her arms up wide.

Nora: Another day, another adventure!

Beside her, Jaune reads a map while Ruby, Timothy, and Ren continue alongside them.

Ruby: What's on the agenda today?

Jaune: Walking!

Nora: With a side of...?

Ren: Walking.

Ruby: Haven is a lot farther away than I thought.

Ren: Ruby? How long did you think this journey was going to take?

Ruby: I don't know! I grew up in a small area; I've never been this far away from home!

Jaune: Right but... how long?

Ruby: Maybe like, uh... two weeks?

Jaune looking up from the map to glare at her while Timothy holds his arms over his head chuckling.

Jaune: What?!

Ruby: Okay, fine! Three or something! Look, whatever.

Ruby looks up again after a beat and notices something ahead.

Ruby: Hey, what's that?

Nora jumps onto a slightly fallen post of a fence to get a closer look at a wall and building ahead.

Jaune: That's... strange.

Jaune checks his map while Timothy looks over Jaune's shoulder curious about the same thing.

Timothy: I didn't think we'd be hitting another village for a few days.

Nora: Are those buildings... damaged?

Jaune: We should search for survivors!

Jaune drops the map and all five go running into the village, with Nora leaping onto the wall and to a rooftop from there. They discover the town to be empty. Ruby lifts a fallen plank of wood to find only plant outgrowth underneath.

Ruby: Anything?

Nora: Nothing over here!

Jaune: No one over here, either!

Ren: It almost seems like... the town was abandoned.

Ruby looks around while the others go offscreen, feeling unease in the wind.

Nora: Hey, I think I found something!

Ruby turns and rushes over. Nora, Jaune and Ren are looking at a town sign. Nora moves the ivy growing over it to the side to read what it says.

 Nora moves the ivy growing over it to the side to read what it says

Nora: Oniyuri? Never heard of it.

Jaune: Me neither.

Timothy: Don't ask me, all this is totally new to me.