Volume 7 Chapter 4: Pomp & Circumstance

(Play Opening)

As the sun begins setting over the mountains around the abandoned Dust mine, four trucks drive up the road to the mine entrance, and Amity Colosseum floats toward the mine. Two people are lying with binoculars somewhere in the area, one of whom is wearing a pin that resembles the one on Robyn Hill's scarf. Their binoculars bear the same symbol as the pin. They both gaze up at the colosseum, before the one on the right resumes looking through his binoculars.

Soon after the trucks arrive at the mine entrance, Team RWBY, JNPR, HSRM, Timothy, Mercury, Qrow and the Ace Operatives walk outside

Soon after the trucks arrive at the mine entrance, Team RWBY, JNPR, HSRM, Timothy, Mercury, Qrow and the Ace Operatives walk outside. Smiling, Marrow looks at Clover and then attempts to put on a more serious demeanor. Ruby, Jaune, and Nora come together to gaze in dramatic admiration of the Ace-Ops, while Ren, Blake, Weiss and Yang watch the three with wide eyes.

 Ruby, Jaune, and Nora come together to gaze in dramatic admiration of the Ace-Ops, while Ren, Blake, Weiss and Yang watch the three with wide eyes

Nora: Aaaah!

Jaune rushes over to Clover's side.

Jaune: You guys were incredible!

He switches to being in front of Clover and begins energetically gesturing as he talks.

Jaune: Oh, the way you took down that Geist without needing to plan your tactics out, you just knew exactly what to do!

Clover: Well, Ace-Ops are hand-picked to perfectly compliment one another. So we can focus on our assets and leave our liabilities behind.

Marrow walks over with a confident smile.

Marrow: Some of us are all asset, zero liability.

He poses with a salute and a grin, looking at Jaune. Elm scoffs, catching Marrow's attention. He moves over to her, leaning in to confront her.

Marrow: Wha....Yeah? Think I've got some liabilities, Elm?

Elm: Your brains, for one.

Clover, Elm and Harriet laugh, and Marrow groans and pouts. The former three walk away.

Vine: You did ask.

Vine walks away, and Nora approaches Elm with wide eyes and a smile. Elm looks at her.