Volume 9 Chapter 3: Rude, Red and Royal

(Play Opening)

On the path to the Crimson Castle, a toy soldier, who is drumming, leads Team RWBY and Jackson who are followed by three more toy soldiers.

Yang: Uh, are we sure we should do this?

Ruby: Well, the Red King helped Alyx.

Weiss: We aren’t Alyx.

As they walk, a turquoise butterfly is seen landing on top of a stone pillar.

Entering a courtyard, they see many Toy Guards lined up along the pathway. A soldier does a drumroll, and the soldiers along the path play an extravagant fanfare. Pair by pair, they step aside, making way for a rather short-statured, crowned figure dressed in royal garments who walks down to the five. They pose dramatically as the fanfare comes to an end.

Team RWBY look on flabbergasted

Ruby: You’re the Red King?

Red Prince: How dare you! There is no King! I’m the Red Prince. Hmph! Why, I never! Coming to someone’s castle without even knowing who they are, and on my birthday!

Toy Guards: Happy Birthday, Your Majesty!

A soldier is distracted by the butterfly from earlier, before his fellow soldiers nudges him.

Toy Guard 01: Huh? O-oh! Happy Birthday, Your Majesty!

The Prince looks on with a slight anger in his eyes, before calming his composure.

Red Prince: Yes, yes. A joyous occasion, thank you very much.

Blake: (whispers) Red Prince?

Yang: The King wasn’t nearly as rude, or small, or loud.

Toy Guard 02: Well, if it hadn’t been for your kind, the King would still be here!

The Toy Guards shush him. Ruby sighs and steps forward to the Prince with a smile and does a curtsy.

Ruby: Happy birthday, Your Majesty.

Little: Happy birthday!

Yang: Ugh, happy birthday…

Blake: Happy birthday.

Jackson: Happy birthday.

Weiss: Happy birthday, I guess…

Red Prince: How do you know such privileged information?! You must be infiltrators! Here to steal my crown!

The Prince gasps as he climbs up on top of a toy soldier while Weiss facepalms.