Volume 9 Chapter 12: Of Solitude and Self

(Play Opening)

Summer: And on the wind, Alyx heard one more question... What are you?

Summer closes "The Girl Who Fell Through the World" book and looks at young Ruby and Yang, fast asleep.

Summer: I love you... just the way you are.

She stands up and places the book along with her brooch on top of the drawer.

Summer: Always...

Summer turns off the lights and leaves the room. After heading downstairs, she looks outside the window at the nighttime forests of Patch.

Taiyang: It's not like you rush off on a mission in the middle of the night.

Summer: You know how Ozpin gets. Mystery after mystery.

Taiyang: And when it turns out to be yet another run-of-the-mill patrol, it'll be...

Both: "I always prefer discretion."

The two share a laugh, before Taiyang looks down frowning. Summer rubs his cheek and comforts him.

Summer: I'll be back soon.

The two then hug each other.

Taiyang: I know.

In the forest of Patch, Summer walks carrying Sundered Rose. Raven jumps and lands on the ground.

Raven: Nobody suspects anything?

Summer: No. They think it's a typical mission.

 They think it's a typical mission

Raven: Summer Rose telling lies... first time for everything. And... Uh... What about... You're just going to leave them?

Summer: You're one to talk.

Raven: It's... You're better at that life, better than I was...

Summer: If I do this right... then there's nothing to worry about. Trust me.

Raven: Let's get it over with, I guess.

Raven opens a Kindred Link portal with Omen. Summer enters and Raven follows suit, sheathing Omen. The portal disappears.
_________________________________________