Volume 7 Chapter 9: Cordially invited

(Play Opening)

Weiss is holding an invitation to a banquet hall at the Schnee Manor.

Weiss: Only my father would turn a hostile takeover into a fluffy PR move

In their dorm room at Atlas Academy, Weiss is sitting in a circle with Ruby, Oscar, Yang, Zeke and Blake. She, Ruby and Oscar are sitting in chairs, and Blake and Yang are sitting on Weiss' bed while Zeke was standing by the window.

Ruby: On the news, he said he just wanted to break bread and hash things out. Maybe it won't be so bad? We do want the General to start opening up to these people, right?

Zeke: Yeah, but on his terms. Ironwood's going to be locked in a room at his rival's own dinner party. I know Jacques says he's happy to moderate, but all that really means is he'll be the one controlling the conversation.

Blake: Not hard to imagine how that's gonna play out.

Weiss: I still can't believe he won. Robyn was supposed to be the people's champion, wasn't she? There's just too many coincidences.

Yang: You really think your dad might have something to do with Salem?

Weiss: I think my father would do whatever it takes to win.

Jackson: And we should do the same.

They look over to see Jackson walking into the room.

Weiss: Meaning...?

Jackson: Well, no one knows your dad better than you, and out of everyone going tonight, I'd say you're the only one who could snoop around the house and not be questioned. If Jacques Schnee is up to something, I think we should know what it is.

Weiss thinks about it for a moment, then gains a somewhat determined look.
_________________________________________

An Atlas Broadcast News airship hovers in the night sky above the Schnee Manor. Five hover cars drive along the driveway loop and come to a stop in front of the manor. While Ruby, Weiss, Yang and Qrow get out of their car, Jaune and Oscar stand nearby, having already exited their car. The Ace Operatives and Team HSRM exit another of the cars, and Ironwood steps out of the fourth car with Winter. Penny gets out of the other side of Ironwood's car.

 Penny gets out of the other side of Ironwood's car