Volume 7 Chapter 6: A night off

(Play Opening)

The morning after Jacques closed the Schnee Dust Company's nonessential facilities, the Mantle rioters are sitting on sidewalks and in police airships with their wrists bound by bolases. A soldier escorts Drinking Buddy along a sidewalk while Atlesian Knight-200s patrol the area. Drunk Mann stands in line with other Mantle citizens outside a polling station. As Drunk Mann gets to the booth, he decides whether he will vote for Robyn Hill, Jacques Schnee, Ivy Brown, or Pearl Wistier.

The outside walls have campaign posters for both Jacques and Robyn Hill, and Jacques' posters have been spray-painted over

Newscaster: Although rioting in Mantle is finally under control, how does it feel to know that the majority of those involved were your supporters?

In a building somewhere, a reporter from the Mantle Daily is interviewing Robyn.

Robyn: I don't condone rioting, especially when our city is being denied aid for the hardships we've already had to go through, but Jacques Schnee's latest stunt is holding the city hostage for his own political gain.

Drunk Mann approaches a voting booth and begins his vote. His hand hovers over the screen as he hesitates.

Robyn: So I understand their anger, but ask that they show it not in the streets but at the polls today.
_________________________________________

In the Atlas Academy training room, Blake uses her shadow form and enhanced Semblance with three clones jumping from pillar to pillar while Yang follows and attempts to catch her.

Below Blake and Yang, Winter sends her Beowolf Summon to attack Weiss, who creates black glyphs above, below, and to the left and right of it. Weiss then uses the glyphs to throw the Beowolf Summon around, slamming it against the glyphs. She creates a white glyph in front of her and uses it to send the Summon back toward Winter, who creates her own white glyph to stop it.

However, Winter suddenly winces in pain and drops to one knee. She then discovers that a small version of Weiss' Arma Gigas Summon snuck up to her and cut her ankle with its sword. The Arma Gigas strikes a pose with its sword on its shoulder, and Winter glares at Weiss, who notices Jackson and Mercury having a sparing match.

Mercury chases after Jackson with bladed arms, swinging them around as Jackson runs circles around him. As he runs, Jackson shots out small lightning strike from his fingertips as Mercury blocks them with his arm only to get kicked from behind by Jackson.

Jackson: Oh yeah! That's 5-3, that's what I'm talking about, who's the man?!

He startes to do a victory dance shotting small bits of lightning into the air like fireworks, turning around to notice Weiss staring at him causes Jackson to blush as he quickly turns his head away from Weiss who gives a smirk in return and giggles.