Volume 5 Chapter 11: Alone Together

(Play Opening)

The opening ends showing Mercury standing in front of the on edge group. Mercury continues standing awkwardly as he tries to find the words to say.

Mercury: Look, I-i...

He was suddenly cut off as Yang uses her lava arm to slam him into the wall. Her eyes were bright red as fire bursts from her hand.

Yang: You've got a lot of nerve showing your face here after what you've done! And to come here by yourself? You're either extremely brave or really stupid.

Mercury tries to speak but the big magma hand on him was making it hard for him to get anything out. Mercury's attention was then turned to Jackson who was standing next to Yang with his hand out pointing at him with electricity sparking on his fingertip.

Jackson: Not unless he wants more of what I gave him last time. Cocky bastard.

The rest of the group readied themselves for whatever happens next. Mercury finally gets enough wind back to speak.

Mercury: I-i'm.... I'm not here to fight. I'm here... to help.

Everyone's eyes widen as the room fell silent, looks were exchanged as Hercule walks forward.

Hercule: Let him down.

Everyone turns to Hercule with surprise as Yang looks behind her shoulder with confusion and concern.

Yang: But Hercule....?!

Hercule: I want to hear what he has to say... and it had better be worth it.

Yang hesitates before letting her arm release Mercury, dropping him to the floor as he started coughing. He looks up to see Hercule standing over him with Yang and Jackson behind him.

Hercule: I suggest you start explaining, and know that I'm the one who's keeping you from getting beaten to death.

Mercury sees the seriousness in Hercule's face as he nods before getting back up. He looks throughout the room as he starts talking.

Mercury: Look I know that I did some bad things in the past.

Jackson: Understatement of the year.

Mercury: But certain things have happened to me recently, and I realized that the path I was on wasn't the best one... I want to be something better.

Weiss: Right, and you actually expect us to believe that?

Mercury: If you don't believe what I'm saying, fine. But at least believe this.

He unzipped his jacket and lifts up his undershirt revealing a gear shaped black mark resting on his abdomen. Making everyone's eyes widen more in disbelief.

 Making everyone's eyes widen more in disbelief

Ruby: Is that a...?

Ren: Looks like it.

Jackson soon became furious as he stomps forward grabbing Mercury by the collar.