Volume 7 Chapter 18: Just in time

(Play Opening)

The opening ends to show a hallway in the research facility, Winter is looking at the Wanted notice on her Scroll. Penny and Reina was standing behind her, looking concerned.

 Penny and Reina was standing behind her, looking concerned

Winter: Sir. What did you do?

Penny: The General killed Hercule, and is leaving Mantle to perish?

Winter: He's saving Remnant. We can't let the Relics fall to Salem.

Winter begins walking ahead.

Reina: And what exactly is the rest of Remnant supposed to do? If he wants to save Remnant, than he shouldn't be running from this!

Reina looks over her shoulder furious, while Winter continues to walk.

Winter: We don't have time to...

Penny glares at Winter.

Penny: That doesn't bother you?

Winter stops walking and stands with her back to Penny and an upset expression on her face.

Penny: What about your sister? Our friends? Hercule?

Reina: Yeah! Are you seriously going to ignore that Ironwood killed my team leader?!

Reina wipes the tears that were starting to fall down her face as Winter collects herself and turns to face Penny and Reina.

Winter: My personal feelings don't matter. We have orders. I'm to retrieve the power of the Winter Maiden so we can access the Relic. You two are here to ensure my safety. Now come on. We've already lost enough time.

Reina: They should matter, is it impossible for you to think of yourself just once?

Winter thinks for a moment. Her expression softens, and she walks over to the two.

Winter: Listen. The general is making hard choices so we don't have to. For the good of all, not just a few.

Winter takes Penny's hands, but Penny pulls her hands away.