Volume 7 Chapter 3: Ace operatives

(Play Opening)

A strong wind blows snow across the cloudy sky while four Mantas fly together.

Clover: All right, gather 'round. Our mission today is to secure the launch site for the Amity Communications Tower.

Sometime prior to flying in the Mantas, Clover stands in front of the central table in Ironwood's office, looking at a hologram screen that displays mission details.

Clover: The designated area is an abandoned Dust mine. Since its closure, the Grimm have moved in.

The screen displays a mission overview, a photograph of Huntsmen battling a Geist, a menu, a map of an area in the Kingdom of Atlas, a list of Active Huntsmen and a list of Ace Operatives.

The Active Huntsmen listed are the members of Team RWBY and the rest of their group. Two more copies of this screen are hovering above the table, being viewed by Qrow, Ruby, Hercule and Jaune.

 Two more copies of this screen are hovering above the table, being viewed by Qrow, Ruby, Hercule and Jaune

Clover: The good news is all that untouched Dust is still down there, too. Science team says they'll need it for the first phase of their launch.
_________________________________________

Pietro: Apologies for the mess and for holding onto your weapons for so long.

Pietro enters a laboratory, followed by Teams RWBY, HSRM, and JNPR. Along with Timothy and Mercury.

Pietro: The upgrades you requested were, uh... well, they were more than I anticipated.
_________________________________________

Clover: Atlas military Huntsmen are already hard at work clearing out the surrounding tundra. But recon has identified a powerful Geist that's managed to evade destruction and take several lives.

Uniformed Huntsmen are seen gunning down Grimm while the four Mantas fly past overhead.

Clover: After we increased our numbers, the Geist was smart enough to retreat into the mine itself, meaning it's old and extremely dangerous.

Clover withdraws a compact Scroll and presses a button, causing the photograph of Huntsmen battling the Petra Gigas to take up the entirety of each screen.