Volume 5 Chapter 1: Welcome to Haven

(Play Opening)

In an empty blackness, Qrow Branwen's voice can be heard.

Qrow: The City of Mistral...

Nora: Ugh! It's about time!

Qrow, Timothy, and Team RNJR are walking through a stone brick tunnel illuminated by translucent lanterns.

Nora: Whose idea was it to walk again?

Ren: Well, we did face many obstacles. Broken airships, destroyed settlements...

Jaune: Oh, and, you know, all those people and monsters that tried to murder us.

Timothy: Not to mention the amount of information that was thrown at us.

Ruby: Pfft, we were fine.

She looking at Qrow with a smile.

Ruby: Only one of us almost died.

Qrow: Hey.

Nora puts her hands on her hips and looks at Ren.

Ren: Hey.

Nora giggles in response.

Jaune: So, how much farther to Haven Academy?

Qrow: Almost there. But I figured I'd take you kids on the scenic route.

The group approaches a pair of large, wooden double doors, which Qrow opens, flooding the tunnel with sunlight. Ruby and Timothy run out onto a massive platform that doubles as an elevator, stopping at the railing to gaze out over the city in wide-eyed awe.

Ruby: Wow!

The others join them to take in the view of buildings and stone stairways perched on mountains.

Ruby/Timothy: This... is... awesome!

Below them, large crowds of people are going about their day - walking around, talking and buying merchandise legally and illegally.

Qrow: It's certainly something.

Ruby looks ahead noticing a kiosk selling weapons.

Ruby: Oh my gosh, look at all the weapons!

Qrow: Vendors here'll sell you just about anything... whether they should or not.

Jaune: They really made the most out of these mountains.

Qrow: Every inch. Stay away from the lower levels. The higher up you go, the nicer it gets.

Nora: And we are going up!
_________________________________________

An Atlesian cargo airship flies over an enormous lake.