Volume 9 Chapter 9: The Perils of Paper Houses

*Warning: this chapter will have mention of sensitive topics that may be too heavy for some.*

(Play Opening)

Nighttime in the Origami Acre. A small origami bird is seen landing in the windowsill of Jaune's home. A tall torch in the background can be seen lighting the lantern that serves as the "sun". Light begins to illuminate the sky and turns it to day. The group can all be seen sleeping on mats in the living room, while Jaune is asleep in his own bed. Ruby's eyes are open as she stares at the chest with Crescent Rose in it. Suddenly, a crash is heard, and Jaune bolts awake.

 Suddenly, a crash is heard, and Jaune bolts awake

Jaune: I'm late!

The group wakes up hearing the commotion.

Jaune: I'm late! I'm late!

Jaune hops over everyone as he bursts out the door. Team RWBY gets up and follows him out along with Hercule, Zeke and Jackson.

Weiss: What was that?!

Weiss looks over to see the town below is on fire.

Jaune: I overslept... I never oversleep! Yesterday, ugh! All the excitement! Keep your head together, you can fix it! You always fix it!

Jaune mounts Juniper and prepares to ride off.

Blake: Jaune!

Jaune: I can't wait! I'm late! Any second there's gonna be another...

Another loud explosion is heard.

Jaune: Damn it, right on time! Get to town, I'll meet you there!

Juniper proceeds to gallop with Jaune riding.

Little: I'm never this upset when I oversleep...

Yang: Uh, what did he mean "right on time"?

Hercule: Probably nothing good.

Blake: I'm sure we'll find out when we get down there. (to Ruby) Ruby, where's your weapon?

Ruby: Oh! Sorry, still waking up.