Volume 8 Chapter 14: Worthy

(Play Opening)

Oscar: What do we do now?

One of Ambrosius' portals appears before Oscar, team JNPR, Mercury, Fury and Emerald as they discuss their next move in front of the useless broadcast terminal in Atlas Academy. The group takes a moment to stare at it before Ren turns to face Jaune.

Ren: We stick to the plan.

Nora: How? Without the CCT there's no way we can tell all of Atlas to just step into a bunch of freaky magic doors.

As the others ponder, Emerald cautiously approaches the portal.

Ren: But there is. We use the portals ourselves, and spread the word on foot.

Emerald: Are we positive these things work?

The others turn to look at Jaune, who groans as Mercury and Fury grab both of his arms.
_________________________________________

Jaune is propelled out of the portal and onto his face in the pocket dimension. He stifles the urge to vomit as the rest of the group follows after him.

 He stifles the urge to vomit as the rest of the group follows after him

Jaune: Okay, we can do this. Nora, Pyrrha and I will get people through the gates. Everyone else, keep to your roles. Remember, the evacuation is priority one no matter what else happens.

Ren: You're sure you won't need more help?

Nora: Shade is armed to the teeth with Huntsmen and Huntresses, but we're about to throw a whole kingdom's worth of negativity on their doorstep. If anyone will need help, it's them.

Ren gives her a proud and determined nod, then takes off for the Vacuo portal. Emerald sighs before following with Mercury and Fury close behind, and Oscar gives Jaune a farewell salute before heading out. Jaune places a hand on Nora's shoulder, then takes a running leap off their platform, activating his shield's hang-gliding function while Pyrrha creates a board of energy to ride on as she follows. Nora uses the jet propulsion on her hammer, riding it through a distant portal.
_________________________________________

The refugees gathered at the subway take cover behind stairs, railings and platforms, wary of the portal that has sprung up near them.

Citizen: What is it?

A bespectacled man is pushed to the front of the crowd. He picks up a rock from the ground and chucks it at the portal. Just then, Jaune emerges from it, and the rock collides with his head.

Jaune: Everyone, Ow!

The citizens dive back behind cover. Rubbing his head, Jaune produces his Huntsman License.

 Rubbing his head, Jaune produces his Huntsman License