Volume 9 Chapter 5: A Contract to the Day and Night

(Play Opening)

The screen remains black, sounds of an explosion are muted before what happened at the end of the battle in the Evacuation Central Location. As Cinder and Winter clash again, Winter snatches the Staff away from Cinder, but is struck and drops it onto the path. Cinder notices Hercule and Jaune while the Sun Mark was about to kill Izolatte, she grins savagely, and launches a fireball at them. Jaune sees this and throws his Hard-Light shield grenade to block the attack but they are all knocked back. Horrified, Winter flies toward them at high speed as the ground under them begins to glow.

Winter: No...

Cinder balls her hand into a fist, causing the ground beneath Jaune and Hercule to explode. Jaune's Aura dissipates as Hercule is launched over the edge with Izolatte still in his hands. Izolatte looks at Hercule before his body somehow turns to smoke as he slips through Hercule's grip as the Sun Mark falls to the abyss, disappearing like the others.
_________________________________________

Hercule opens his eyes to find himself surrounded by floating red balls. He looks down to his hand encoated by one of them before it begins floating from his hand.

Looking at himself, Hercule realized that he had returned to his normal form

Floating around in the air, Hercule noticed that all of the red balls were all floating down into a bright light shining at the end of the void. Hercule tried to figure out what was happening, but he was pulled out of thought when he found that he was slowly beginning to fall into the light.

Everything felt like it was moving faster as Hercule's point of view showed a tunnel of light swarming around him as he flew right into the unknown.

He kept trying to fight the current, but unfortunately everything he tried didn't work as he flew into a bright light.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
The tunnel immediately fades as Hercule's eyes are shown closed against the sunlight as they flutter open.

Hercule: W-what?...

Through Hercule's vision, he sees the overhead of the Ever After, flying through the sky uncontrollably as he rushed past the large tree in the center of all the different areas. He looked all around the sights and tried to figure out where he was when suddenly Hercule started to change trajectory, fastly approaching a dark forest with glowing plants and mushrooms.