Chapter three

"You like that?"

I smirk, leaning my head back but keeping my eyes glued at the four girls.
"I love it." They laugh and giggle but go back to their seductive dance. The brunette looks at blondie and gives her a nod, my eyes trail down as they start pressing against each other.

"I want some attention too, baby." I look up at the girl sitting in my lap and place my hand around her hips so she's closer. I lean in and whisper in her ear, "go grab me that drink and maybe I'll give it to you." She makes mhm sound while dragging herself slowly off of me to grab the jack danials bottle. My eyes travel back to the girls in front of me, they're now fully on with their show and clothes are flying everywhere.

Just as I'm about to wave them over, the door opens. I don't even bother to look.
"You sick fuck," he enters, "you started without me!"
"Barely." I answer, the girl comes back and hands me my drink. She's about to sit down in my lap again but I stop her and point at Luca, "I think he needs it more."

She smiles and straddles him willingly.

"Watch out," I say looking at her, "he likes to bite."
Luca gives me the finger, but lets his attention remain at the girl in front of him. I almost feel bad, knowing that when he's done with her, she'll need four days to recover.

Sadly, for the both of them, they don't have the chance to start before the door opens again.

Me and Luca look at each other, rolling our eyes. We already know what's coming.
"Do you guys ever get enough?" Pablo enters the room, waving off the dancers so they can leave.
"No." Both me and Luca answer at the same time, causing him to scoff.

"Don't be such a fucking party pooper, hermano." Luca says, there was once a time these two would share girls, but that is a long time ago. Although Pablo loves girls even more than we do, he seems to like being the adult between us, ignoring the fact that i'm the oldest.
"He's just mad he doesn't get any pussy" I throw out, earning a laugh from Luca.

Pablo comes closer and gives us a cocky grin.
"Unlike you two losers, I don't have to pay to get pussy."
Me and Luca look at each other, then at Pablo. We all stare for a couple of seconds then break out laughing. After some minutes, Luca brushes off the girl on his lap and we all gather around the bar. Time to talk business.

We're back again, or to say it better. I'm back again. Everyone knows, and everyone is going to feel it.
It just took me some time to realize that this is exactly what I needed.

"The winter ball is in a month, it's the perfect chance to form more alliances." Luca speaks, showing on his iPad who's going to be our target that night. Pablo breaks in, "it'll also be the perfect opportunity to understand who's going to stand in our way." I nod, he's right.

"We need to spread that night, I may be the head of the mafia, but you guys are just as big part of this, we're in this together and we're stronger that way." I say, remembering his voice.
Don't worry hermano, you won't be alone. These dickheads will be there by your side. You'll rule together and you're going to do a fucking good job too.

We go over every guest on the list and picture the night. Who to speak with, who to keep an eye on and who to get on our side.
"They're saying she is going to be there" Pablo speaks, catching our attention. "She?" I ask.
He smirks, "rumors say there's a little huntress going around and hunting for bad men. No one can say how she looks or who she is. She changes names as much as she changes faces. She's unrecognizable."

"Sounds like she'd be a good fuck." Luca adds, I smirk at his comment.
"She probably is, sadly there's no one alive to tell. Once you leave with her, you don't come back."
I laugh, "Dying by pussy suffocation, I wouldn't fucking mind."

We talk a little bit more about the ball, and Pablo circles back to the supposed huntress.
"We'll keep an eye out, now we know that there's a chance she'll be there, try to keep your dicks in your pants so we all can make it out alive."  Sounds like a challenge. Just what I needed.

I take a sip of my glass, "how's it going with the men that left our side and joined Lorenzo?"
I've already taken care of some of them, good and slowly. The rest I gave to Pablo and Luca, just a little treat to get them started.
They both look at each other and smirk, Pablo is the first one to speak "Mine are all six feet under, so I'd say pretty good."

I turn around and look at Luca, he likes to usually stay behind the scenes but when he's in it, he makes sure to leave a mark behind him. He doesn't say anything when we look at him, only a sadistic grin. I roll my eyes, "stop playing with your food Luca"
"What's the fun in that?" He answers, seeing no problem, and I honestly don't give a fuck, they're all traitors and deserve what they're getting.

I finish my drink, and pour a new one.
"Do you guys think Lorenzo will try anything?" I ask, we've all thought about it but no one has said anything yet.
"He's been out for almost a couple of months now, I think he's going to stick to the deal." Pablo shrugs. Luca pulls out a cigarette, "he'd be stupid as fuck if he didn't. He should be grateful he got out of this with a nasty scar and not death"

Lorenzo was dirty, but he wasn't stupid. He's tried too many times to take over again, all times he failed and it would be pathetic if he went through another failed attempt. Even though I wasn't next in line by blood, I was the one Xander put in his position, it doesn't matter what anyone fucking thinks.

FLASHBACK

"Please don't do this" a tear falls down my cheek, I don't care. The entire fucking river could rush down my cheek and it wouldn't matter now. "I can't do this without you"
It feels like something is strangling me, and I can't do anything to stop it.

"You can, hermano." He smiles a sad smil, "I've prepared you ever since I found you outside my club, remember? You were a sixteen year old smelly little shit." He laughs, I want to laugh with him, but I can't. Every bone in my body hurts. I'm being selfish.

He puts his arm around me, "Look how far you've come. The business is thriving under you, the men respect, love and fear you at the same time. You're ruthless when you need to be, but the closest people know how good your heart is. I know. I believe in you, and you're going to prove me right."

I wipe the tear away from my face,
"there's nothing I can do to make you change your mind right?" I ask, giving it one last try.
He smiles another smile, this time a genuine one, "I love you hermano, you're the person I've trusted the most these last years, and even though Lorenzo is my brother by blood, you're my brother by choice, and you've earned it." He stops and looks away, "but she's my heart, and no human can survive without their heart."

I swallow the lump in my throat, but say nothing. I have to stop being selfish, stop acting like my problem is nearly as big, the only thing I can do is wish that one day it'll feel better.
"You've got this, I believe in you but I need you to believe in yourself."

*FLASHBACK ENDS*

The winter ball is going to be the perfect opportunity for us to show who's in charge. We chose for it to be in New York, in our territory. We're going to walk in there and make sure everyone wants to be by our side, and the ones who aren't know who they should fear.

I'm not going to let him down.