Chapter forty: The calm

"Tell me, tell me, tell me!" Bruno whines like a kid. We've been sitting here for almost three hours, unpacking my clothes and making space in his closet – he's been pushing me to tell him what I want for Christmas the entire three hours, not taking "I have everything I need and want." As an answer.

I do though, for now at least. He asked me to move in with him a couple of days ago, we both know that I must go back to London when my mission here is over, but we want to use all the time we have either way. When I go back to London, I'll talk to my father and ask if I can take over the base in NYC.

I'm not sure how it's going to be, if he'll say yes or if it'll stand in the way of me stepping in his position when he retires. I've worked too hard to risk it all now, but I've also decided that I don't want to think too much and ruin the mood. Father had to leave for business like he does each year right before Christmas, this year it was perfect though because it gave me the opportunity to be with Bruno.

"Stop worrying about what I want and lets rather worry about what we're going to get the others. We haven't even gotten to it, and Christmas is in two days!"
We're doing their usual tradition – every year they go to the so-called Romero Cabin to celebrate. A tradition Bruno came up with, I've been there once with Luna, and it was quite cozy.

Bruno didn't want to at first, he hasn't been there in two years. Not since his best friend passed away. I know Xander and Luna though, and they would've loved to see us carry the tradition – in honor of them. We've already agreed that no one is going to touch their room, it'll always be theirs no matter what.

"Pablo loves cigars and vinyl's, and for Luca we'll just have to find any type of sadistic sex toy. Maybe we can buy him a chamber filled with them."
I look at Bruno and he looks like he's contemplating it,
"We're not buying that!"

***

The entire car ride to the cabin is filled with me and Bruno's shouts as we both sing to Hannah Montana songs.

We stop the car, and shortly after Luca's blue McLaren pulls up behind us. Pablo and Bella said they'd meet us at the cabin so I'm sure they're here already. We get out of the car; I head inside while the guys get the rest of the baggage.

When I walk in, I get greeted with the feeling of Christmas. There's decoration hanging everywhere, I haven't seen it like this before. When I was here, we made sure to decorate the Christmas tree but other than that there were no decorations. 

"You're here!"
I turn my head and meet the huge smile on Bella's face,
"What happened to you lip?" I ask, immediately noticing the cut on her lip and the small fading bruises on her face,
"Long story, but I'm fine so don't go full panic on me, spare that energy for the big Christmas tree in the living room – we haven't decorated it yet."
I smile at the fact that she waited for us so we could all decorate together.

My eyes scan her, and I look down to see what she's wearing. The easy way to describe Bella would be to say that she looks like she belongs in a Chanel perfume advertisement. Even when she dresses to provoke Pablo, she still looks elegant – I don't think I've ever seen her in a piece of clothing that looked like it wasn't worth a leg and an arm, except that hideous dress at the bachelorette.

Now I stand here, looking at her dressed in Christmas pajamas.
"I like your fit." I say, she smiles but before she can answer – Pablo comes up from behind her in the manly version of her pajamas and a Christmas hat. I don't know if it's the look on his face or the fact that he's wearing that, but I break out in laughter.
"Oh, you're whipped, so damn whipped." I laugh,
"Fuck you." Pablo growls back.

"Baby, I meant it when I said I'd do anything to see you smile but this is torture."
Bella turns to him smiling and gives him a kiss of approval, "You look great though."
"I told you they'd make fun of me." He sighs, me and Bella both laugh.
"What's so funny?" Bruno's voice comes from the hallway, Pablo closes his eyes and lets out another sigh as he waits for Bruno to see him.