Chapter forty seven

"Amalie, run!" I shout.

Bullets fly through the air, and I don't hesitate before I leave the spot. The entire warehouse is blurry, smoke is everywhere, and I can barely see anything but I have to find Amalie. She came, that fucker used my phone and managed to lure her here.

Landon Rivers, the piece of shit got Alexa when I was at the cemetery. He managed to grab her, using the fact that she didn't know about his dirty work or that he has a target on his back. I got here as soon as possible, I managed to get her away from him but not without losing both my fucking gun and phone in the fight. When I hid here, I waited and I calculated – how I was going to take him out, but he hit a weak spot. He managed to get Amalie here.

"Bruno.." A weak voice calls, causing all the alarms in me to go off. Is she injured? God no, please no. If something happens to her, I don't know what I'll do, I won't be able to handle it.
"Amalie! Baby, where are you?" I say out loud, I don't want Landon to find us but I have to get to her.
"I'm here" She shouts back.

"Come out, come out." Landon's laugh can be heard from a distance, he's here. Waiting on us.

I blink a couple of times, trying to see through the smoke. Finally, my eyes land on the body lying on the floor and I run as fast as I can,
"Amalie!" I crouch down next to her, "are you hurt?"
"No, I just.." She curses, "I think I sprained my ankle." Fuck, this will make it difficult.
"Come on, I got you." I say, putting her arm around my shoulder as I carry her.

I can't see shit, and I'm sure that she can't either, but we find a corner that hides us well enough for him not to see. The smoke is gone, and I get a good look on her.
"I'm so sorry, he has my phone." I apologize, this is the second fucking time she's in danger because of me.
"What happened?" she asks, wincing in pain as she touches her ankle.

I breathe out, "He got to Alexa and then he used her to lure me out here. He wants to know where his brother is."
"Where is Alexa?" Amalie asks, frowning at the mention of her.
"I hid her."

I brush my hand through my hair, what the hell are we supposed to do? He got us surrounded, and the warehouse isn't that damn big, he'll get to us eventually.

"Your phone!" I say, "do you have your phone?" I ask.
Her eyes widen, "I do!"
"Text Luca and Pablo, we need back up. Now."
"I'm on it."

My body calms down a notch, at least now we have a chance. Landon doesn't have many men with him, I can take them down, but I need to be able to see and I need a weapon.

"I'm going to kill him!" Amalie says in anger, as she brushes her fingers against her swollen ankle. If she doesn't then I sure as hell will, he fucking hurt her, more than once.
"I'm going to get you out of here, I promise." I say, rubbing my forehead against hers. "This wasn't how the night was supposed to go."

I was supposed to take her out, to show her how much she means to me and give her something that makes it clear, that she's the one. She's always been the one.

Gunshots erupt in the background, followed with the disgusting laugh of Landon as he throws out more threats.

"Do you have any weapons?" I ask, Landon won't find her here. This corner is twisted and we're right beneath the stairs, it's too dark - I barely noticed it at first, but I need to know that she has protection just in case.
"I have my knives." She whispers, that's not enough. I know she can use them better than anyone but her ankle is sprained which slows her down and they have guns.

"Fuck." I mutter, hearing footsteps. "Wait here."
"No! Don't leave, please."
"I'll come back; I promise. Just give me a minute."

I walk out of the corner and hide behind a wall as the footsteps get closer. I can still hear Landon's threats further away, so I know it isn't him, it's one of his dogs. When the footsteps are close enough, I step around the wall and my eyes land on the guard – he hears the commotion and faces me right away.