Chapter fifty: I love you.

"Ready?"

I take one last glance at the mirror. I love everything I'm seeing, the dress, the make up and the glow – the small bump. Everything, I love it.

I turn around and look at Bella and Alexa, they're wearing the red bridesmaid dresses I put them in. I smile when I see Alexa eating her third donut, her belly is a little bit bigger than mine. We found out that she's one month ahead of me.

It took a lot of communication, and a long deep talk but we managed to get past our issues. Luna was right, sometimes it's better to focus on the good in someone and everyone can change.

"I'm ready." I smile, they both nod and turn around to leave as the door opens, revealing my father. He greets them with a nod as he walks in,
"We'll give you a moment." Bella says, as they leave us.

Father looks at me up and down, but he doesn't say anything. I know that he's barely on board, he retired one month ago and has since used more time around me. He still doesn't approve of Bruno, but he wants to be a part of our children's lives.

"You're not going to say that I look good?" I ask, with a faint smile.
He looks down at the floor, and I hear him... sniffle. He's crying?
"Father, are you crying?" I ask, walking towards him, he sniffles again and turns around.
"I got something in my eye kid, I'm fine." He says, wiping away the stubborn tear around his left eye.

He looks at me again, "Your mother would be proud of you."
My heart skips a beat, he hasn't mentioned her since that day I found out about the reason behind her death.
"You really think so?" I ask, with hopeful eyes.
"I do," he sighs, "because I am too. I know I've been hard on you, but I am proud of you kid."

I'm proud of you.

All the years of hard work feel like they've finally paid off as I stand in front of my father and hear him tell me that he's proud of me.

"Father.." I pout, wrapping my arms around him. My hormones are going crazy and I'm trying my best not to cry.
"Now now, let's not get all emotional here – you still have a wedding to attend." He says, I laugh and break the hug.

We walk out, my arm around his as he leads me to my husband. The love of my life.

Enchanted by Taylor swift plays in the background as we walk down the aisle. Alexa and Bella lead the way, throwing rose petals on each side. For each step I feel calmer, everything feels better.

We lock eyes, and everything around us disappears. The problems, the issues, the pain – it all disappears. Everything tunes out, this time it's us. Only us.

"Father-in-law." Bruno greets, with a grin as he grabs my arm from my father.
"Son-in-law." My father mutters, rolling his eyes.

I smile as I leave my father's side, and go over to my husband.

"Take care of my little girl." My father says in a warning tone,
"Oh I will, I'll be the best daddy she's ever had." He winks and my eyes widen as I throw a punch at his arm.
My father sighs, "I need another bloody vacation."

He leaves us, and I stare at Bruno.
"You did not just say that!" I whisper yell,
"What? You didn't mind it when you were calling me da-"

The priest clears his throat, catching our attention. We both hide our smiles, as we go back to our stance and let him start. Everything flies by, and the words tune out,
"I do." I smile,
"I do." Bruno grins.

**

We sit at the reception, neither I or Bruno drink but by each speech we both start regretting our decision as we shake our heads.