Chapter nine

I lay back in my chair, and feel my body relax. Fuck, It feels good. So good.
"Perfecto" I mutter, as my head falls back in satisfaction. I close my eyes and imagine red hair wrapped around my knuckles instead of blonde. I feel a wave of heat buildup and disappear in seconds when the door opens.

"Joder" I curse, "ever heard of knocking?"
The heat is fully gone now, as I look at Pablo standing in front of the door.
"No" He says, before walking in and ignoring that I'm in the middle of something. Either he ignored it or didn't notice it. She stops and looks up at me with piercing eyes, and I sigh in frustration, "we'll finish later."

She stands up and gives me a sloppy smile before leaving.
"Were you getting a blowjob by your secretary in the middle of the day? In the fucking office?" Pablo spits, giving me a distasteful glare as he sits down on the chair in front of my desk. I lean back further in my black leather chair, and give him a bored expression, "do you want me to lie and say it's the first time, or that it'll be the last?"
"Pendejo." He mutters, ignoring my question. I give him a stern look, "remember who your boss is." I'm enjoying myself.

Pablo opens his suitcase, and throws a folder on my desk. I reach for it and cock a brow when I see the name Rivers written in bold.
"Rivers?  As in Landon Rivers?" I ask, he's the CEO of Rivers Finance, run by his father. They're currently doing great in the market, and had multiple news articles written about their latest success. Xander thought about working with them multiple times but refrained because they had shady rumors circling around them.
"Si" he places a paper in front of me, "Landon wants to be a part of our next project in Mexico."

I look at the paper, it's basically just an invitation. They want to invest in our next building in Mexico, we haven't decided yet if it'll be a hotel or apartment complex. I raise a brow when I see that they want it to be under our name, but fully to their advantage. It looks like they're willing to put in a great deal for it too.

"I don't know Pablo," I say, "they've had some serious allegations thrown at them. Xander refrained from working with them because of it."
"I know, but they haven't been proven to be more than just rumors and allegations. Xander also had a personal vendetta against Rivers after the ball." I guess he does have a point, when he saw Luna and Landon kiss, he flipped and that may have clouded his judgement or added to it.

"Have you talked to Luca about it?" I ask, giving the paper one last glance before I look at Pablo. He nods, "he thinks we should say yes, it'll be the biggest project of the year, look how much their willing to pay." We don't need the money, but it would be a great bonus for our workers. I guess it has more benefits than downparts, but there's still something weird about how they want it fully in our name.
"Do some research, find out everything you can about the family and what they've been up to lately." I say, "I want a folder with every detail before we proceed."

***

"I'm home!" I shout, entering my apartment. I take off my shoes, and throw the keys on the table placed right next to the door. The smell of pasta reaches my nose, and I'm already melting, I haven't eaten anything since breakfast. We sat at the office and looked over paperwork the entire day and forgot to eat.

"La comida está lista!" The food is ready.
I walk to the kitchen and smile when I see Maria, she comes each day to cook. Even the days I tell her that she doesn't have to, I come home and find her making something delicious. She's known me since I was sixteen and has made me food no one else can make the same way.

I give her a kiss on the cheek,
"Te quiero" I love you. I say, she gives me a confident smile back.
"You love me or food?" I laugh, she has the cutest accent, thicker than mine but better. I mimick a thinking face, "hmm. Both? Mostly you though."
She's been the closest person I've had to a mother these last years, and the most loving person I know. She looked after me and Xander like we were her own kids. Guided us when we needed it the most.