Undercover in Lagos

"How about-"

"No Nat." I interrupted before my friend could continue, knowing all too well where she was going.

"Oh come on, you didn't even let me finish" Natasha complained

"I don't need to let you finish to know you are trying to set me up again." I said with a knowing voice

"Ok, ok, that's enough ladies, aren't we supposed to be on a mission" another voice interrupts their conversation over the coms, Sam Wilson.

"I'm multitasking" came Natasha's reply.

I was quick to cover up my laugh with a cough so that I wouldn't blow my cover or have anyone nearby think that I was talking to myself.

I was sat in a crowded cafe, hidden amongst civilians, wearing a hat which I had insisted wouldn't hide my identity. I could sense the presence of Natasha and Wanda near by.

I wrapped my hands around the cup of coffee that sat on the table in front of me. The warm cup felt nice against my cold skin. I gripped tightly to the white China cup to hide my shaking hands, trying my hardest to ground myself to the present moment.

To say I was nervous was an understatement, every time we went on a mission I couldn't help but feel anxious. The tension was high and the stakes were higher.

After the events that happened with Ultron and Sokovia. Wanda, Sam and I had been training to become avengers.

Even though I was slightly nervous now, no amount of anxiety will ever compare to how I felt on my first mission. Fighting against Ultron and his army when I had no training was terrifying. That day still feels like a blur, I hardly remember what happened anymore. The only way I remember is through my nightmares, that are more than likely a misinterpretation of the real events.

"Alright, what do you see?" Came the voice of Steve Rogers over the coms

"Standard beat cops. Small station. Quiet street. It's a good target." replied Wanda

"There's an ATM on the south corner, which means?" Steve prompted

"Cameras"

"Both cross streets are one way"

"So compromised escape routes"

"Means our guy doesn't care about being seen. He isn't afraid to make a mess on the way out" steve stated

"You see that Range Rover halfway up the block?" Steve asked

I subtlety turned my head and spotted the vehicle that Steve was talking about. Once I locked my eyes on the range rover, I causally turned my head back around again. I don't want to seem suspicious.

"Yeah, the red one? It's cute."

"It's also bulletproof, which means private security, which means more guns. Which makes more headaches for somebody. Probably us." Natasha said

"You guys know I can move things with my mind, right?" Wanda asked

"Ditto" I answered over the radio, bringing my cup up to my lips to hide the fact that I was talking. If someone was to look over at me I wouldn't want them to think I was talking to myself.

"Looking over your shoulder needs to become second nature" Natasha stated

"Anybody ever tell you you're a little paranoid?" Sam lightly mocked Natasha

"Not to my face. Why? Did you hear something?" Natasha joked. I placed my hand over my mouth and pretended that I was wiping my mouth when really I was trying not to smile at Nat's joke.