Midnight

Heels clicked along concrete as y/n walked across a bridge that led to the city of Madripoor. She sighed uncomfortably and pulled at the tight material of her dress. Zemo had given her an outfit that her allias would wear, she still had no idea who the woman was, but she needed to wear smaller heels.

The strange, unlikely group continued on their path along the bridge. It was illuminated by neon blue lights. Y/n turned her head to Bucky who was walking alongside her and she felt her heart clench in pain.

Zemo had given him an outfit that was similar to his winter soldier suit. The jacket was brown and had a black strap across his chest. His jaw was clenched and there was a pained look in his eyes that was breaking her heart and making her want to kill Zemo where he stands.

Y/n glanced down at her feet, the 6 inch heels were very inconvenient. Before she was taken by HYDRA, and taken in by the Avengers, y/n didn't often wear heels. She hardly knew how to walk in them. Which led to a two week long lesson in wearing heels because they are useful for being undercover citrusy of Natasha Romanoff.

"We have to fix this. I'm the only one who looks like a pimp." Sam said in annoyance. Y/n glanced over at him, his suit was red and yellow, he looked good in it.

"Only an American would assume a fashion-forward black man looks like a pimp. You look exactly like the man you're supposed to be playing." Zemo pulled out his phone from his pocket. "The sophisticated, charming African rake named Conrad MacK, aka the smiling tiger."

He showed the picture of the man two Sam. "He even has a bad nickname." Sam complained. "Hell, he does look like me, though."

"And who am I then?" Y/n asked him as she pulled on her dress for the hundredth time.

"You are a secret agent for HYDRA, at least, she used to be. Scarlet O'Brian. Often known as midnight." Zemo explained as he showed her a picture of a woman in the same dress that she was wearing.

"A HYDRA agent?" She scoffed. "Well, that's ironic. And you thought your nickname was bad." Y/n said to Sam who snickered at her.

"Do you smell that?" Zemo asked

"Yeah, what is that? Acid?" Sam asked

"Madripoor." Zemo said

"I don't even want to know why it smells like that." Y/n muttered as she stuck close to Bucky's side

"No matter what happens, we have to stay in character. Our lives depend on it. There's no margin for error. That means that you two can't behave...like that." Zemo said, gesturing between y/n and Bucky.

"We know." Y/n stated

"It's just that, scarlet does not have a relationship with the winter soldier. But she has had one with me." Zemo stated

"I'm sorry, what?" Bucky asked through clenched teeth

"We aren't together anymore, so we don't have to pretend to be together. But I thought you should know." Zemo explained

"Right." Y/n nodded

"I should hope not." Bucky spat out.

"Don't worry, James. I'm not going to touch her." Zemo said

"I'll break your hand if you do." Bucky said to him.

A black car pulled up in front of them, and the group began to walk towards it.

"High town's that way. Not a bad place if you wanna visit, But low town is the other way." Zemo said as they approached the car.

Bucky opened the right passenger door and gestured for y/n to slide in first, she gave him a grateful smile before she stepped into the car and shuffled along.