Androids, aliens and wizards

Y/n sighed as she made her way down the aisle, she had a list of items that she had to get in her left hand and a basket of food in the other. Grocery shopping wasn't one of her favorite activities, but her fridge was running empty. Perhaps due to her super soldier boyfriend who ate a lot more than she did.

Y/n caught the tail end of someone whispering to their friend and she walked into the bread aisle. "It's her, she's an avenger I'm telling you."

Y/n sighed and kept her head down, picking up a loaf of bread from the shelf and making her way down the aisle, she was eager to get home.

But unfortunately, being an avenger means being recognised literally everywhere. "Excuse me?"

She turned around to see a woman and her two daughters. "Yeah?" She asked

"I'm sorry to bother you...but would you mind taking a picture with my girls, they look up to you." The woman said

Y/n nodded and smiled at the two girls. "Sure." She slid her list into her pocket and came to stand next to them, she placed her basket on the ground and wrapped her arms around either girl.

She smiled as the woman aimed her camera at them and took a picture. Once the woman lowered her phone, y/n gently unwrapped her arms from the two girls. "Thank you." They all said as she picked up her basket.

She smiled at them. "No problem." She began to walk to the checkout, feeling very eager to go home now.

Word seemed to have spread of her being here, she could hear the attempted hushed conversations from other people in the store about her. It's like they forgot she's an avenger and that she can hear them.

Y/n hastily paid for her shopping and made her way to the automatic doors. Her heart dropped when she looked outside. Paparazzi, just her luck. She suddenly felt the need to use her powers to fly off and avoid any conversations. But she took a deep breath and stepped towards the doors, she'd fought Thanos for goodness sake. She could handle this.

The automatic doors slid open, and the chaos began. Photographers and journalists crowded her, shouting questions and taking flash pictures. Her senses were sent into overdrive, she flinched as the white light continuously flashes in her eyes, almost blinding her.

She flinched and attempted to cover her eyes, trying to walk away from them. But one comment from a journalist made her freeze. "How do you feel about the new captain America!"

She turned around and looked at the person who had said it, her eyes scrunching up from the continuous flashing. "What?"

"Haven't you heard? Lieutenant general John Walker has been given the shield and been made the new Captain America." The woman continued

Y/n stared at her in shock. Who the hell was John Walker? She knew that Sam had given the shield to the Smithsonian, he had told her. But how did this end up happening?

"You and Mr Rogers were close, while you and John Walker share the same relationship in the future?"

"Did you and Steve Rogers ever have a romantic relationship?"

"The world wants to know why you would date one of the most dangerous assassins ever."

"What is it like dating the winter soldier?"

Questions were fired at her left and right. Her head felt dizzy as the flashes of bright white light continued and questions were yelled at her.

"That's enough." She stated angrily, no one got to talk about Bucky like that. She needed to get home, now.

The thought of Bucky made her heart clench. How was he going to react to this John Walker news? She knew it wasn't going to be good.

Y/n began walking down the street in the direction of her apartment building, the paparazzi kept shouting questions at her as she walked quickly down the streets of New York. They continued to snap pictures of her as she walked away.