Captain America

Y/n watched from above in shock as the SUV that held several people hung vicariously on the edge of a construction site. The metal was just managing to hold the vehicle up right as it teetered closer and closer to the edge. She could hear the people inside crying as they waited for the inevitable. She willed herself to fly faster so they could get there in time.

Everyone inside the vehicle began to scream loudly again as they began to fall forwards, the vehicle was going down fast. Sam flew ahead of me as the SUV fell forwards, the front of the car facing the ground.

But then, it stopped. She flew down past the vehicle and saw Sam holding it up, she could tell that Sam was struggling to hold on as he gritted his teeth. He was using the jet from his wings to keep himself and the SUV up in the air.

Y/n raised her hand and her power spread out from her fingertips to wrap around the vehicle, aiding Sam in holding the weight of the falling SUV.

Together, Y/n and Captain America pushed the vehicle upwards. They eased the vehicle back up onto the broken scaffolding. Sam flew up and stood beside the vehicle and the crowd of onlookers broke out into a loud applause. Y/n couldn't help but smile as people clapped and cheered for their new captain America.

"You got this, Cap?" She asked him, still flying above the ground.

"Yeah, I've got this." Sam replied. Y/n nodded once and flew down towards Bucky and Walker? She had no idea what he was doing here, but to be honest she wasn't completely surprised.

She landed on the ground next to Bucky. She could immediately sense the joy that was radiating off him at seeing his best friend carrying the shield. Y/n smiled gently at him but just before she could say anything, she heard the noise of metal flying through the air towards her.

Before she could react, Bucky wrapped his vibranium arm around her waist and pulled her Into his side. On the other hand, he caught a long metal pole that had been thrown at them like a javelin. Bucky glared menacingly over at the person who had thrown it. Y/n looked over her shoulder and saw Karli.

Karli suddenly ran towards them, with the full intention of causing harm. Y/n raised her hand in front of her, her blue power illuminating her hands. But before Karli even got close, a shield hit her in the chest with extreme force.

The shield ricocheted across the large space, hitting all of the flag smashers in the chest and knocking them to the ground. It then ricocheted back into the hands of Sam Wilson. He landed on the sandy ground and retracted his wings.

Karli stood up and removed her mask. "You of all people bought into that bullshit?"

"I'm trying to make a difference. Maybe you should do the same." Sam stated

Suddenly, an explosion went off. Y/n flinched slightly and looked around for the source. A small device landed on the sandy ground beside them. The minute it hit the ground it burst into gray smoke. Another smoke bomb landed on the ground, it was becoming increasingly hard to see.

Gun fire began to rain down all around them. Y/n ignited her powers and tried to use it as a light source. People began to scream as someone shot down at us from above.

With her eyesight being hindered by the smoke, she could only rely on her senses. She closed her eyes and focused on the world around her. The sound of several footsteps rushing away from them could be heard along with the sound of labored breathing.

"This way." Sam said, using his goggles to find the way.

He took off running, causing Y/n, Bucky and Walker to rush after him. The smoke was slowly starting to clear and I could faintly make out their figures now.