A moment of normality

5 months and 3 weeks since everyone came back. Since the battle against Thanos

It's been almost half a year since everyone came back. Adjusting to life after the blip has been difficult. People who have been gone are having to come to terms with how much time they have lost. And people who didn't go are having to deal with the population rising by 50%.

That's not to say that many people weren't happy. To have their wife, husband, mother or child back. To have their friends back.

Y/n sighed as she leaned back on her couch. It's now been 4 months since she moved into her new apartment in New York. It was a nice place, she had enjoyed decorating it. She did still largely miss the avengers base, but she would make do.

She had a quick flick through the channels on the TV, checking to see if anything interesting was on. News channels were reporting on information about the blip. Infrastructures and agriculture were majorly struggling under the weight of having 4 billion people reappear. They didn't have enough housing and enough food to go around.

Mass farming had begun to try and keep up with the food shortages but quite often supermarkets were running empty. There was a lot of political unrest on top of that. Some world leaders and politicians who had disappeared in the blip had come back and demanded their jobs back.

However, there were new people who were in their old position. Which was causing a lot of arguments and problems. Politicians were all scrambling to grab power.

Y/n sighed and flicked to another station. It was playing old reruns of Steve Rogers movies from during world war 2. When he was more of a show pony than a war hero.

She laughed as she watched her friend try to act, trying to encourage the other 'army men' to follow him. Even though her heart ached to see him. She pushed it down, he wasn't dead...just retired.

The show stopped for an ad brake and the ad that popped up almost made her choke. "Coming to a stage near you this December...Rogers the musical! an all American musical for an all American hero!"

Y/n burst out laughing at that. She knew Tony would be calling Steve in stitches right now. Don't know what he's laughing about though, he's in it.

She wondered briefly if there would be a sequel that had her in it. Singing about her imprisonment. But she shook the thought from her head.

She switched channels again and landed on a Disney movie, the little mermaid. She decided to leave it on and sat back on her couch again.

A knock rang out through her apartment. Someone was at the door. Y/n sighed as she pushed herself up from her couch and walked over to the door.

She unlocked it and swung it open. On the other side was Bucky Barnes. She couldn't help but smile at the sight of him. But she did worriedly note the dark bags under his eyes. He still wasn't sleeping well.

"Hey, Buck. How was Therapy?" She asked him as she moved aside and let him in.

Bucky stepped through the door and wiped his shoes on the doormat. "It was...the same. I gotta get out more and stop threatening people."

"Seems like good advice to me." She joked as she closed the door behind him.

Bucky walked into her apartment and took a seat on her couch. She walked over and sat next to him.

"Is this a Disney film?" Bucky asked her. Gesturing to the TV.

"Yeah. It's the little mermaid, I haven't watched it since I was a kid to be honest." She said, smiling lightly from the nostalgia.