Justice

Bright light from the sun outside shone into the bedroom that Y/n and Bucky had been staying in. They had returned to Zemos apartment even though he had disappeared. Y/n stared down at her stealth suit and sighed heavily.

She reached down her hand to gently brush away some dirt from the previous fight and then moved her hand to the zipper on the front. Y/n slowly unzipped her suit and sighed at the large, purple bruise on her abdomen. She didn't usually find herself with injuries due to her powers, but it wasn't the first time she had been hurt on the field.

Y/n quickly stripped her suit off of her body and picked up the clothes she had set aside for herself. The apartment was completely silent apart from the occasional shuffle from Bucky downstairs.

Her mind then went to Sam, who they had left with an unconscious Walker and a bloodied shield. She felt awful about leaving him. But she wasn't going to not go with Bucky and leave him alone, not right now. He needed someone with him.

Y/n groaned quietly as she pulled her shirt over her head. She then turned to the bedroom door and pulled it open. It felt wrong being in Zemos place when he wasn't there, she felt like a trespasser.

She walked down the stairs and her eyes immediately landed on Bucky's back. He stood at the kitchen island with a glass of whiskey clutched in his hand. She could see the tension in his muscles.

Y/n slowly walked up behind him and wrapped her arms around his waist. She gently leaned her head on his back as he relaxed under her hold.

"Are you okay?" She muttered quietly from behind him.

Bucky sighed gently and turned in her hold. He wrapped his arms around her shoulders and pulled her into him. "Mentally or physically?" He asked with a small smile

"Both." She said as she stared up into his blue eyes.

"No." He replied honestly.

Y/n sighed sadly and nodded. Her grip on him tightening. She moved one of her hands and ran it along the vibranium metal of his arm.

"How's your arm?" She asked him

"It's okay." He said quietly. Y/n nodded and moved to place her head in the crook of his neck. She sighed gently as she breathed in his scent and tightened her grip.

Bucky pulled her into his chest and pushed his head into her shoulder. Searching for comfort.

"Are you okay?" He muttered into her shoulder after a moment of silence.

Y/n nodded. "I'm okay."

Bucky and y/n stood there in silence. Hugging each other tightly in Zemos kitchen. She didn't want to ever let go of him, she just wanted to stand there in his embrace and never move. But life always seemed to get in the way.

The front door quietly creaking open caused Y/n and Bucky to reluctantly pull away from each other. She looked towards the door and saw Sam hesitatently standing there. Y/n mustered up a small smile and walked over to her friend.

"Are you okay?" She asked Sam as she approached him

"Yeah, I'm good." He replied quietly, his brown eyes kept farting behind her to look at Bucky. Who hadn't moved to speak to Sam.

Y/n gently wrapped her arms around his waist and pulled him in for a hug. Sam returned her embrace for a moment before they both pulled away.

"I'm sorry for leaving...what happened to Walked?" She spoke quietly

"It's okay, Y/n. I understand. Walker's been arrested, I'm just here for my things." He said quietly, gesturing towards the stairs with his head.

Y/n nodded and Sam walked past her. He and Bucky made eye contact with each other as Sam made his way towards the stairs. The tension was thick as Sam broke the staring contest and walked up the stairs towards the bedrooms.