Divided we fall

Bucky and I quickly began to jump up onto the several metal platforms that lined the sides of the round room we had found ourselves in. The ceiling was open and allowed for an intensely cold breeze to get in, but this time it was welcome. I stayed close to Bucky's side as we quickly made our way upwards. 

A loud crash suddenly echoed throughout the room, followed by the faint noise of Tony's engines. Evidently, they had been damaged in his fight against Steve, but that wouldn't Stop Tony from trying to reach us. I hated to admit it, but he had every intention to kill Bucky.

I saw him limply flying towards us, one of his thrusters had been damaged, but he was still quickly gaining on us. Bucky and I kept climbing, but it didn't take Tony very long to catch up to us.

Once he was on an equal level to us, he raised his hand, preparing to fire at Bucky. The sound of his weapons powering up was usually a reassuring noise, but right now it only filled me with dread. Without thinking, I stepped between Bucky and Tony and raised my hand out in front of me.

Tony went flying backwards with intense force. His back hit the other wall with a loud thud as I used my powers to keep him back. He put all of his power unto his thrusters as he tried to get out of my hold, but it was to no avail, I had him. I clenched my jaw as I strained ever so slightly to keep him in place, but he wasn't going anywhere. He would have to fire on me to get unstuck.

"Did you know?" Tony called out to me over the noise of his thrusters going at full power.

"No." I called back firmly. I had no idea that Bucky had anything to do with his parents death, but it wasn't his fault. Hydra did this.

"Then why are you protecting him?" Tony asked me angrily. I stayed silent for a moment as I pondered his words.

"I can't let you kill him. You're giving the doctor what he wants. He's trying to destroy us....he is destroying us." I stated firmly as I continued to hold him back.

"Then you leave me with no choice." Tony said with grim determination, I could feel his pain and anguish from across the room. My brows furrowed at his words, but before I could question him on what he meant, the sound of his weapons engaging echoed throughout the long circular tunnel.

My heart dropped and my eyes widened as Tony twisted his wrist so his palm was facing me. A long stream of power erupted from the palm of his hand and flew directly towards Bucky and I. Before I could even react, a pair of hands grabbed onto my waist and spun me around. I waited for the inevitable hot, searing pain, but it never came.

The sound of vibration caught my attention. The hands that had been wrapped around my waist let go, allowing me to turn back around. Bucky had put himself between me and Tony, and Steve had shown up to protect us both just in time. The blast ricocheting off of Steve's shield had caused Tony to fall backwards and down towards the ground floor again.

"He's not gonna stop. Go." Steve said. Bucky nodded and began to climb back up again, I followed closely behind him to give him backup if Tony got past Steve again. We climbed quickly, jumping up to miss some platforms so we could get out faster.

We had almost made it to the top when I heard the loud whooshing of a missile. I turned my head just as the missile shot past Bucky and I. It directly hit the hinges of the hatch roof, causing it to explode in fiery destruction. 

The blast from the missile caused Bucky and I to fall backwards. I gasped harshly as the air rushed past me, but it only lasted for a few seconds. I landed harshly on my back on one of the platforms beside Bucky. The air felt like it had been sucked out of my lungs and my ears were ringing painfully from the loud explosion. My head was starting to ache once again from the loud sounds.