The Endgame

Y/n's eyes shot open and she inhaled heavily. Her heart was hammering in her chest as she stared up at the bright sky that was partly hidden by the canopy of trees. The sun was shining through the cracks of the trees and almost blinding her.

Confusion washed over her as to what was going on. It felt like she had only closed her eyes for a moment. She squinted from the sun and glanced to the left of her, noticing that Steve, Nat and Thor were no longer next to her.

Her mind then fell on Bucky and her heart rate increased even more. She felt like her heart was shattered all over again and she recalled watching the man she loves turn to dust right in front of her while she could do nothing to save him.

Y/n held her hand up in front of her face, remembering how she had also turned to dust. That was the last thing she remembered. Steve's face and her hand falling apart.

"Y/n?" A familiar voice called out. Y/n's heart jumped in her chest when she heard his voice. It was Bucky.

At first she thought she was hearing things, but when she felt his familiar presence she knew that he was here and alive.

Y/n glanced over to the right and saw him, he was wearing the same clothes as the last time she saw him and he looked just as confused as she did.

"Bucky." She breathed out in disbelief

She used her hands to push herself upright and stood on slightly shaky legs. Y/n took one more glance at Bucky before she started to run over to him.

He met her in the middle and she threw her arms around his shoulders, burying her head into the crook of his neck.

Bucky wrapped his arms around her waist and sighed in relief. "What the hell is going on?"

Y/n choked back a sob and raised her hand to the back of his head, weaving her fingers through his soft, brown hair. "I don't know...last thing I remember was you just disappearing? And then my hand turned to dust and I blacked out and now we're here." She said, shooting the words out quickly.

She sniffled again. "I thought you were dead." She whispered to him.

Bucky's hold on her grew tighter. "It's ok. I'm here." He whispered back.

Y/n didn't want to let go, she feared that if she did he would disappear again and that she would never see him again.

They pulled apart but didn't let go of each other. Bucky pressed his forehead against hers and she sighed in relief. Even though she had no idea what was going on and what had happened after she passed out, she was just relieved to have him back.

"Alright love birds, we have places to be." Another familiar voice interrupted them. Bucky and y/n pulled apart and looked to the side only to be met with Sam, who had an amused smile on his face.

"Where are we going?" Bucky asked him

"Steve needs our help to fight thanos. According to the wizard, we've been gone for 5 years." Sam said

Y/n felt her heart stop. 5 years. How had they been gone for 5 years, it only felt like a few seconds.

"5 years?" Y/n asked in shock.

"Yeah. It's crazy, I know. Now, come on." Sam said, ushering them to follow him.

Y/n and Bucky glanced at each other before they began to follow after Sam, walking out of the forest and back towards the field that they had fought the alien army on.

The field itself was evidence enough that they had been gone for 5 years. The last time she saw it there were the dead bodies of aliens everywhere and several large machines scattered around, causing craters in the ground.