Everyone's got a gimmick now

I stared out at the empty airport. The planes were sitting stagnant on the runway, not able to go to their destinations. The place was empty of passengers and crew members alike, Tony must have rented the place out for the fight, which was pretty weird in my opinion.

I took a deep breath in, dreading what is to come. I know that I will have to fight against my other teammates. And it's not something I'm looking forward to. I'm not sure how a piece of paper has caused us to fall apart like this.

I felt a presence come up from behind me, and surprisingly easy to recognise who it was. It almost caught me by surprise when I recognised him so quickly.

I turned my head to look at Bucky Barnes. He had also gotten changed into tactical gear. One sleeve was missing to show his metal arm, the entire outfit was black. I briefly thought about how the clothing suited him, but I pushed it aside. I don't need to be admiring Steve's long lost best friend in this situation.

"Hey." I said with a small smile.

"Hi, Steve asked me to come get you. Are you ready? " he asked

"Yeah." I nodded. I turned on my heels and walked alongside Bucky to where the others were standing. 

"Alright. Does everyone know the plan?" Steve asked. I don't think I could forget the plan considering the fact that he's gone over it thousands of times.

The group of avengers nodded to him. Grim but determined looks on their faces.

"Good. Then let's get going." He stated before turning and heading towards the runway.

Clint and Wanda went off in one direction, up to the car park while Sam, Bucky and I
headed towards the airport terminal.

~~~~~~~~~~

Sam, Bucky and I were crouched down on the floor of the airport terminal. The three of us were sitting on the other side of the moving walkway to avoid being spotted by Tony or anyone he had brought with him.

While Steve distracted him, we were assigned to look for the Quinjet that Steve suspected Tony had brought with him. We planned on using it as a way of escaping from the airport to stop the doctor from getting to the other winter soldiers. All of this was only delaying us from being able to stop him. The longer this fight took, the more time the doctor had to get the winter soldiers and use them for who knows what.

We sat in front of a large window that overlooked the runway. Although we couldn't see Steve and the others from where we were situated.

Regardless of our position, I had the advantage of still being able to hear the conversation. The others were relying on me to listen in and report back over the radio if part of the plan was to change or if Steve needed help.

Sam activated redwing and used him to search for the quinjet. Controlling him from the control pad on his arm.

From outside, I could hear the familiar noise of the iron man suits descending from the sky and landing heavily on the tarmac. Rhodey was here too, which was no surprise.

"Wow, it's so weird how you run into people at the airport," Tony said sarcastically. "Don't you think that's weird?"

"Definitely weird," Rhodey answered him. If it weren't for the situation, I would have laughed at that.

"Hear me out, Tony. That doctor. The psychiatrist, he's behind all of this." Steve tried to explain, attempting to get through to his friend.

"Captain," said another familiar voice, King T'Challa.

"Your highness," Steve responded

"T'Challa is here." I said to the two men beside me.

"Of course." Bucky sighed heavily. If you didn't look close enough, it would seem like he was angry, but his eyes held a certain sadness to them.