Ready to comply?

"You'll be provided with an office instead of a cell. Now, do me a favour and stay in it?" Everett Ross said

"I don't intend on going anywhere." T'Challa said.

Well, at least they aren't locking me up in a special cell for enhanced individuals yet. I'll take an office over another prison cell anyway.

I felt my body relax slightly as Natasha walked down the hall towards us. Out of everyone on the team, she was the least likely individual to be angry at me or Steve and Sam. Unless I fully betrayed everyone and went to hydra, which would never happen, she would always stick by our side.

"For the record, this is what making things worse looks like." Natasha said.

"He's alive." Steve replied, letting her know that it was all that mattered to him.

Natasha came to walk between Steve and I. She placed a comforting hand on my shoulder and squeezed tightly before letting go. I turned to look at her for a moment and gave her a small, tight lipped smile to show my appreciation.

We walked through a set of double doors that took us into a large office. As soon as the doors opened we were met with the sound of Tony's voice "No, Romania was not accords-sanctioned. Colonel Rhodes is supervising clean up."

"Try not to break anything while we fix this." Natasha said to us. Mostly to Steve. He's the one who is most likely to get into an argument with Tony.

"Consequences? You bet there'll be consequences. Obviously you can quote me on that, because I just said it. Anything else? Thank you sir." Tony said down the phone.

Tony hung up the phone and walked towards Sam, Steve and I. I held my breath as I waited for him to start scolding us for our reckless behavior.

"Consequences?" steve asked him

"Secretary Ross wants you three prosecuted. Had to give him something." Tony said. I felt gratitude wash over me. Tony was still trying to look out for us even though we had broken the accords.

"I'm not getting that shield back, am I?" Steve asked as Tony started to walk away from us with Nat.

"Technically it's the government's property." Natasha said over her shoulder. "Wings, too."

"That's cold." sam said

"Warmer than jail." Tony replied back as he walked away from them. I shrugged lightly in response, he did have a good point. Luckily my powers weren't the government's property, though I'm sure if they could they would try.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My vision was dark as I buried my head Into my arms. My knees were pulled up to my chest as I tried to block the world out. I did briefly feel bad about putting my shoes on the top of the chair, but that was until I remembered that they had arrested me.

This whole day had been a lot to take. I wanted nothing more than to go back to the compound and hide away in my bedroom for eternity. But I have to stand my ground, I did what I thought was right. And running away and hiding wouldn't do any good.

Tony had been kind enough to give me some noise canceling ear plugs, ones that he had designed for me because I could still hear perfectly well with the normal ones. I would often need to wear them and lie down in a dark room after missions to try and relax and recalibrate my system. But here, in this office full of people mulling around, it was hard to find the same type of relief.

I took the risk to glance up, the bright light of the office burned Into the backs of my eyes, causing me to clench them shut again. I opened my eyes slowly and winced at the bright lights.