Caps wingmen

Y/n groaned as she strained to open her eyes, her ears were still ringing and it felt like the world was far away, Like her head had been shoved underwater.

She managed to open her eyes for just a second and saw two blurry figures racing towards her.

She tried to open her eyes again, she strained to gain consciousness again. Her eyes fluttered open and she saw the blurry figure of Bucky crouch down by her side. She could just about feel the weight of his hand resting on her shoulder.

Y/n took in a deep breath and fully opened her eyes, her hearing finally cleared up and the horrible ringing slowly subsided.

"Y/n!" She heard Bucky shout

Y/n groaned and rolled onto her back, she stared up at the gray, cloudy sky as she thought back to what happened. They had been fighting a group of supersoldiers on a truck. Hadn't Bucky fallen off?

Y/n reached her hand out and held onto Buck's forearm lightly. "Hey...are you ok?"

"You were just unconscious and you're asking about me?" Bucky asked, he sounded baffled

"You feel off the truck." Y/n muttered as she attempted to raise herself off of the ground.

"So did you, hot shot." Sam said as he kneeled down next to Bucky and placed a hand on her back.

Bucky placed his hands on either side of her face, cupping her cheeks gently. "Are you okay? I need to check for a concussion. Here, follow my finger." Bucky said as he took one hand off of her face, lifted his vibranium arm and held up one finger.

"Buck, I'm fine." She said, but she followed his finger with her eyes anyway.

"Okay...doesn't look like you have a concussion." Bucky stated.

"Great, thank you doctor Barnes. Y/n, can you stand?" Sam asked her

Bucky rolled his eyes at Sam's sarcastic statement.

"Yeah, I think so." Y/n said as she began to try and stand up. Bucky wrapped his arms around her gently as he helped her stand up while Sam supported her from her right side.

Y/n groaned as she stood up straight, her head spun for a moment before settling down. "Woah." She muttered as She wobbled slightly.

"You good?" Sam asked her in concern

"Yeah, yeah. I'm okay. My side hurts, I feel like I've fallen off a truck." Y/n joked lightly.

Sam chucked with her, but Bucky had a hard expression on his face. He was staring forwards with his jaw clenched and his eyebrows furrowed.

"Buck? Are you okay?" Y/n asked

"I'm fine. Let's go." Bucky said as he secured his arm around her waist and began to lead her forwards.

Sam let go of y/n and began to walk next to her. The trio began to make their way down the empty road, fields surrounded them on either side.

Y/n limped as she walked alongside Bucky and Sam. "Can't believe I got knocked out by a rookie supersoldier...and I fought Thanos." Y/n stated in annoyance.

She shouldn't have gotten so distracted, Steve would chastise her for a move like that. Always be aware of your surroundings. Even though her senses can sometimes hinder her, surely she shouldn't have let that supersoldier knock her out.

"It can happen to anyone. Don't beat yourself up." Sam said encouragingly.

Y/n glanced at him and gave him a small smile, she appreciated that he was trying to cheer her up.