The aftermath

A faint beeping was the first noise to greet y/n's ears. She furrowed her eyebrows lightly in confusion. The smell of the place she was in felt familiar, she had been here before. Y/n could feel a pressure on her left hand, someone was holding onto her.

Y/n slowly began to try and open her eyes. Though she only managed to keep them open for a second before she snapped them shut again, grimacing from the bright lights.

She gave herself a moment and then opened her eyes again, she squinted against the bright lights and looked around her. She was in Shuri's lab in Wakanda.

The memories of what had happened before came rushing back to her. Fighting Thanos in Wakanda, getting dusted for 5 years, fighting Thanos again and then trying to save Tony from the stones.

Y/n felt herself relax when she remembered that they had won. Thanos was gone.

She then glanced over to the side of the bed she was lying on and noticed Bucky. He had his head down on the side of the mattress and his hand was resting on hers. He was clutching it while he slept.

Y/n smiled lightly at him and raised her hand up to run it through his hair. She pushed his long brown hair out of his face. The movement woke him, Bucky glanced up at her, his eyes widened when he saw that she was awake, a small smile grew on his face.

"Hey, how'd you feel?" He asked her gently. He moved his hand that was resting on hers and interlocked their fingers together.

"I'm ok. What happened?" She asked, her voice slightly rough from being unconscious.

Bucky reached behind him to a small table and grabbed her a glass of water, she took it from him gratefully and took a few sips.

"You fell unconscious after the battle, we decided it was best to take you to Wakanda rather than a regular hospital because of your powers." Bucky explained quietly

"Oh...how long have I been out?" She asked him

"4 days, seems that you really needed to sleep." Bucky said, joking lightly to hide his concern.

"How is everyone, how is Tony..." she asked him, the questions firing out quickly.

"Everyone's ok. And Tony is fine, he's alive thanks to you." Bucky said, smiling at her.

Y/n sighed in relief. "Good." She said quietly. She was so glad that her friends were ok.

"Well, look who's awake." Another voice interrupted them. Shuri walked into the lab.

Y/n smiled over at her. "Hey Shuri."

"Hey, how'd you feel?" She asked her while she looked over her vitals.

"I feel ok, groggy I guess." She said as she shuffled backwards on the bed slightly to try and sit up more.

"Good, your vitals look normal. As do your energy levels." She said after she had finished scanning her vitals.

"My energy levels?" Y/n asked in confusion.

"Your abilities give off a similar radiation and power to the infinity stones, so it makes it easy to check up on it. For a while your energy levels were unstable. I'd assume because of the amount of power you used to contain the stones." Shuri said to her.

Y/n nodded to her. "Radiation? That's not dangerous, is it?"

"Not to you, no. Your body is fully adjusted to it." Shuri said.

"Ok, good." Y/n breathed a sigh of relief.

"Well, I'll let you rest and I'll come back to check on you later." Shuri said. She then turned and exited the room.