Caught red handed

I grunted uncomfortably at the heavy weight of the man on top of me. I pushed hard against him but he tried to throw a punch at my head, using my weakened position to his advantage. I tried to move out of the way of his fist but due to his weight pinning me to the ground, his fist made contact with the side of my head.

I grunted again, my head hit against the wooden floor from the contact. I flared up at him and focused all my attention on the power that flowed through me. Just as the man raised his fist to hit me again, I pushed against him and he flew backwards. He landed on his backside a foot away from me and I quickly scrambled back up onto my feet.

I wobbled slightly as the blood rushed to my head, feeling slightly dizzy from the harsh impact. Due to my momentary dizzy spell, I didn't notice the man stand up from the ground. I saw motion in front of me and focused on the man. He had his gun aimed directly at my face.

My breath hitched in my throat and my eyes widened as the man moved to pull the trigger. But just as he was about to send a bullet in my direction the rug was pulled out from under his feet, literally.

I jolted slightly and looked to my right, noticing that Steve had pulled the mag that the man was standing on. He fired his gun as he fell. I flinched as the bullets pelted the celling, luckily he just missed me. I turned my head and looked at Steve, giving him a Brief grateful nod.

The door behind me banged opened and another officer with a gun stormed the room. I spun on my heels as Steve engaged the man. He grabbed his gun tightly but before he could do anything else Bucky came up from behind him and kicked the man, knocking him to the ground.

"Buck, stop! You're gonna kill someone." Steve said to him.

A hand grabbed my shoulder and I jumped. They put pressure on my shoulder to try and turn me around so I grabbed their hand tightly with both of mine and flipped them over my shoulder onto the ground. The man fell unconscious as his head hit the ground.

I looked back up from the unconscious man and saw that Bucky was hovering above Steve with his fist raised in the air. The wooden floor next to Steve's head was splintered. I furrowed my brows and raised my hand, preparing myself to pry Bucky off of Steve.

However, he proved me wrong. "I'm not gonna kill anyone." He said before grabbing a green backpack that he had obviously hidden under the floorboards.

He then threw his backpack out the window all while maintaining eye contact with Steve. I couldn't help the way I looked at him so intently. I wanted to figure him out but he was confusing. Once moment it felt like he wanted to kill someone, the next he was being the man that had been lost in the 1940's. Well, maybe he isn't as lost as we first thought.

I closed my eyes and tried my hardest to focus on where the officers were coming from. But with all the noise my  senses were off. Sensory overload. Something that I have been trying to manage for a while.

Suddenly, a click that would have been inaudible to most came from behind me. I tensed up at the sound of a gun cocking, my fingers twitched uncomfortably at my side as I tried to think of my next move.

Movement caught my eye and I glanced out the corner of my eye just in time to see Bucky lift a large piece of concrete and throw it at the man. The object whizzed past my head and knocked the man unconscious. Bucky and I locked eyes for a moment, there was an indescribable tension as I looked into his blue eyes again. I took in a deep breath and nodded once to show my gratitude.

I jumped out of a strange trance when the loud noise Gunfire pelted the front door to Bucky's apartment. The officers outside were clearly trying their best to break in.