The white wolf

Y/n sat on the red seat of a military plane, donned in her tactical suit. Silence filled the large space of the area that they were sat in, the tensions were still high between Sam and Bucky.

Y/n glanced down at her legs, realising that she had been absentmindedly fiddling with the leather strap of her holster. She has a gun strapped to her thigh, even though she doesn't need it and never does. Everyone always insists on her having one, just in case. In case of what? She's still not sure.

Nat and Steve were the first to suggest it, and now Bucky won't let her leave for missions without one.

Y/n ran her index finger along the seam of her tactical suit. Tony had made her a new one since the blip, he said that her new found powers should feature. So she had blue accents to her once complete black suit. And if she was being honest, she liked it. It made her feel like she stood out as her own hero, her own person.

Though deep down she felt a sense of uneasiness. The last time she wore a suit like this, it wasn't great. She thought she lost Bucky, they lost against thanos, she got blipped and they lost vision.

She took in a deep breath and shifted slightly in her seat, the memories of that time haunted her. She felt a rise of anxiety. She shifted again and started to bounce her left leg. The feeling of anxiety was always uncomfortable and unwelcome.

She tried to stare straight ahead and distract herself, but her heart rate continued to rise. It had been 6 months since her last battle. Since they fought Thanos. She knew she had to be ready, that she had to be focused and in the right mindset. But her thoughts kept racing. Running over every single thing that could go wrong.

A weight landed on her left leg, causing her to stop jolting it up and down. She glanced down and saw Bucky's hand resting upon her thigh. He squeezed her leg gently to let her know he was there for her.

Y/n glanced over at him and locked onto his eyes, she gave him a light smile to show him her gratitude. Her heart rate began to slow, the feeling of Bucky's hand on her thigh acting as an anchor, bringing her back down to reality.

Joaquin Torres then descended a ladder that led to the cockpit of the plane. "One minute to drop off, Sam." He said as he walked past them.

Sam was sitting in the row of chairs across from Bucky and y/n. The pair of men were still fighting with each other.

Sams squinted his eyes at Bucky and leaned forward, which led Bucky to do the same thing. Y/n glanced back and forth between the pair with her brows furrowed. They were having a staring contest.

After a moment, Sam quickly stood and broke eye contact with Bucky. He walked over to a large crate in the center of the plane. Bucky gently squeezed y/n's thigh before he let go and quickly stood as well, following after Sam.

Y/n sighed and threw her head back against the chair. She misses Steve.

"So what's our plan?" Bucky asked

Sam didn't say anything, he stared at Bucky silently as he placed his earpiece into his ear.

"Great. So no plan." Bucky said in frustration as he walked back over and sat down next to y/n again. His hand automatically landed back on her leg.

"Thirty seconds!" Torres yelled from the open door of the plane.

"Enjoy your ride, Buck." Sam said

"No, you can't call me that." Bucky stated

"Why not? That's what Steve called you." Sam said

"Steve knew me longer, and Steve had a plan." Bucky said