𝙈𝙖𝙮𝙗𝙚 𝙄𝙣 𝘼𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙇𝙞𝙛𝙚.. [𝙄𝙄]

Cyno gripped his polearm. His eyes scanning every Scholar's face, each causing them to flinch in response. He sighed as he made his way to a less crowded area. An idea suddenly popped into his head, and his mood rose up. Cyno quickened his pace as he began making his way to Y/n's dorm. It's been weeks since they had last seen each other, which was at the Grand Bazzar. He noticed them already gone once he had finished his conversation with Nilou. Cyno felt guilty of not doing anything earlier, but whenever he wanted to make it up to them, it felt like fate didn't want him, and suddenly random reports come to his direction. Now, he was free for a little while, and this was his chance to apologize. 

Cyno stared at the door, he was quite fond of it, actually. Before he became a matra, he loved studying here. Ah, the nostalgia.

"Y/n?" Cyno gently knocked, "You in there?" 

He placed his ear against the door, "Hello?" 

The feeling of Worry engulfed him, "Okay, I'm coming in alright?" no response. 

Cyno hesitated for a moment, before grabbing the spare key he was given by Y/n. He slowly creaked the door open, the light from outside seeping into the dim room. Cyno peeked his head and squinted, his eyes still adjusting to the darkness. 

"Ah, Y/n.. there you are-" Cyno fully entered, but suddenly froze in shock. His body turned numb, and his face turned pale. 

The sight before him was gruesome. Y/n, was strangled against vines and roots of flowers. Their body hanged in the air, as flowers continued falling from their mouth. Cyno dropped his weapon, he fell onto his knees and looked at the ground. 

no, 

this is just an illusion.

this isn't real.

how did it become like this?

Cyno slowly lifted his face up, and caught a glimpse of Y/n's face. Tears flowed down their cheeks, one trailed down their arm and onto their hand which was occupied by a letter. Anger fuelled Cyno and he swiftly grabbed his polearm and sliced through the vines. 

"LET GO OF THEM!" Cyno yelled, his polearm slashing every root and vines. Once he saw Y/n's body, he quickly rushed towards them. Unfortunately, he was forced to stop by a rose thorn that blocked his way. 

"No, please.." He cried, the rose's thorns wrapped around Y/n. Some of them pricked their body and blood spurted out. The vines didn't allow Cyno to move in closer, almost as if it was protecting Y/n..

"Y-Y/n.. j-just.. hold on.. I'll go get some help.." Cyno knew he couldn't do this alone, so with the help of his vision, he sprinted outside to ask for help.

Cyno cried, tears flowed down his cheeks. Was the sight he saw really real? If only he didn't work so much, maybe he could've saved them in time. Cyno gripped his polearm as he began following the trail to Gandharva Ville. Some passing merchant and Scholars were shock to see Cyno's state, but he didn't care, if he got distracted for at least a second, he knew Y/n would no longer be there.