𝙐𝙣𝙚𝙭𝙥𝙚𝙘𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙏𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙨

𝘼/𝙣: 𝘿𝙪𝙧𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙖 𝙣𝙤𝙧𝙢𝙖𝙡 𝙣𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩, 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙩𝙬𝙤 𝙣𝙤𝙧𝙢𝙖𝙡 𝙥𝙚𝙤𝙥𝙡𝙚, 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙮 𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙖 𝙣𝙤𝙧𝙢𝙖𝙡 𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣...

Y/n and Cyno walked along the cold cement. All the people of Sumeru have already retreated to their chambers for the night, leaving only the two alone. Silence was dragging the two, as they both kept their mouth shut, it wasn't as if they didn't know how to, but rather didn't know what conversation to start. 

As they began to slowly make their way to the docks of the City, Y/n finally brings up the courage to begin a conversation. " Cyno.. "

He hummed as he slowed down his pace to match theirs, a small spark inside of him exploded the moment they spoke his name. 

" How does it feel to be the General Mahamatra? " what the hell is that question, y/n?! Cyno narrowed his eyes for a split moment before thinking of an answer. 

Silence once again dragged the two, perhaps Y/n felt as if they said the wrong thing by the way Cyno had looked. His eyes sharp and lost in thought, and his eyebrows knitted together as if he was trying to solve a crime. Suddenly, he blinks and glances at their gaze. 

Y/n flinched a little as he did so, " Well, it's a job you must be always dedicated to and requires a heavy load of responsibilities. " Cyno nodded in satisfaction at his response, before looking back to the trail. 

" I see, " Y/n dozed off, it was now Cyno's turn to ask the similar question. 

" How about you? How does it feel to be a traveller? " 

Silence responded back to him, though Cyno wouldn't blame Y/n, these questions may be simple, but it's the person who responds back that may or may not regret his or hers decision. As Y/n continued to think of a good answer, the two found a small bench which was situated on the docks. 

Cyno sat down, signalling Y/n to sit next to him, and as they did so they finally obtained their answer. " It's wonderful, " 

The General stayed silent, wonderful?  " You get to meet wonderful people, and wonderful places. " Y/n smiled, but as they began to trail off, their tone lowers down. 

" But sometimes, you meet people you may no longer see ever again, or find the truth of an ancient ruin you may not wanted to know. " Cyno stared at their shaking gaze, he turns to his hands and quickly clenches it. 

" I understand that feeling, " Y/n turned to him, " being a General Mahamatra means solving clues to uncover the truth, in the end it is I whom will judge upon it. " 

Cyno sighs, this is feeling like a vent, suddenly a small laugh left Y/n's mouth. He glances at them, and a small smile creep up his face. " I guess we're not so different after all, General. "

" I suppose so, " He begins to chuckle as well.