𝙈𝙮 𝙑𝙖𝙡𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙚...

𝘼/𝙣: 𝙂𝙐𝙀𝙎𝙎 𝙒𝙃𝙊'𝙎 𝘽𝘼𝘾𝙆

𝘼 𝙑𝙖𝙡𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙚'𝙨 𝘿𝙖𝙮 𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙘𝙞𝙖𝙡~! 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙨𝙚 𝙬𝙝𝙤 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙡𝙤𝙣𝙚𝙡𝙮 <3

Perhaps it was the colours that were displayed during the day, or maybe the couples on the streets giving each other gifts. Either way, Y/n disliked Valentine's Day. So, what's the point? You can give your loved one's gifts at any time; why is it such a big deal today?

It was the day before Valentine's Day, and Y/n already knew this year would be the same. Last year, they cancelled the 14th for an unknown reason, but I guess you can't get lucky then. As Y/n walked in the halls of the Akademy, they noticed most of the scholars had already put up small heart pictures on the wall; what was the reason? You're going to take it down immediately after.

" Good Afternoon, Y/n. " A voice called out, and Y/n turned their head to the source, 

" Oh, Good Afternoon, General Cyno. " They bowed as a sign of respect, Y/n was one of the few people who weren't timid by Cyno's presence or authority, all you have to do is follow the rules, and you won't get on his bad side, simple. 

Silence came after their introduction, and they both stood their staring at each other, Cyno suddenly cleared his throat and began, " So, how are your experiments going? "

" good.. "

Silence once more. 

" Uh-, how about you? How's your work? " Cyno paused and gave the question some thought, he shook his head and crossed his arms. 

" Tiring, as usual. " Y/n lightly chuckled before starting to bid farewell, 

" I suppose that makes two of us, I will need to get going now, perhaps we can talk later? Or tomorrow? Or whenever you're free.. " Y/n began to walk past him,

" oh- uh, I see... I will give some time, " He said as he waved before the two began departing to their own path.

As Y/n walked away, a sense of guilt washed over them. Perhaps leaving him was a bit too soon, they should've at least gave time for him. Y/n shook her head as they returned to their lab, in which they would conduct experiments for the rest of the Afternoon.

Hours pass, and Y/n wipes a sweat off their forehead. They glance at their window, noticing the sun already setting, signalling them that it was time to head home. A sigh slips past their lips; though they didn't want to admit it, they wanted to spend more time on their research, but alas, tomorrow will come soon enough. They slipped on their shoulder bags, grabbed their Scholar hats, and began walking out. The sun was barely visible in the horizon as they made their way outside; a cool breeze brushed against their cheeks as they made their way back home.

While walking, a group of people were surrounding someone; something must've happened. Curious as always, Y/n took a peek and noticed Nilou dancing in the middle. She was graceful and elegant; someone would definitely believe them if they said that she was a reincarnation of the Goddess of Flowers. As Y/n's eyes sparkled, they suddenly noticed a few red cards surrounding the floor; people were handing her love letters, or that's what they assumed at least.