Church.

Olivia's POV

"Topper! We're going to be late hurry the hell up!" I shout up the stairs in utter frustration. How long did it take him to get ready. Seriously it was like he was a fucking celeb getting ready for a talk show. I didn't even want to go to church every Sunday but that's what I had to do. If I didn't my parents would kill me. But of course they weren't here.

They weren't even in the country. Some business trip. I tried skipping it. Church on Sundays. Once. Only once. But they have eyes and ears everywhere. It didn't end well. I felt stupid. Like I did every Sunday. Dressed up in some stupid dress that I would never wear but had to. Crowd purposes.
"Sarahs gunna be old and in her death bed by the time you get down here!" I shout again, more humour in my tone this time.
"Alright Jesus! Your acting like mom" he rolled his eyes as he came strolling down the stairs.
"Yeah I'm sure. Get in the car you can drive" if I drive I'd probably crash.

I was to tired. I worked every Saturday. Late nights. "Hmm" he hummed in response as I locked the door behind me.
My back straightens when we finally walk into the church, five minutes late. I noticed the whole Cameron family in the back row.
"I thought you said they kicked Rafe out?" I whispered to my brother as we snuck into the row opposite them.
"They did. But no way would they let everyone know that" Topper rolled his eyes slightly, like I was being stupid or something.

I scoffed as we sat down waiting for all of This to be over. Most of the time Topper was just staring at Sarah, both the teens mouthing words to each other. Bite me- this whole baby sitting thing was getting old. I was getting older and tired of doing shit for our parents.
On the way out Topper had stopped Sarah, making me have to speak to the Cameron's.
I notice Jace wasn't with them which wasn't a surprise.

Ward said he was abroad studying medicine or history or something? Which was complete bullshit. Topper said that he ran away, that Jace didn't want to be Wards right hand man or puppet.
"Olivia how you doing? Why isn't Lisa and Ian with you?" Ward had Rose on his arm, Rafe was stood there with his hands in his pockets looking rather annoyed and Wheezie looked more then bored.

"Business trip. I'm doing well thank you. How are all of you?" I looked from Ward to Rafe as I noticed a small bruise on Rafe's arm.
"We're doing fine. Busy as always. You guys should join us next Saturday for dinner?" Ward offered, I knew it was more then an offering.
He'd talk to Dad. Make sure he knows. That way we'll have to go.
"Uh- I dunno if I can do next Saturday. Topper can he'll definitely be there. I'll let you know about me. Thank you" I smiled a little, Saturdays were for work.

I couldn't miss it. I also couldn't say that I had work. No one knows that I work because if they did I'd have to give a reason for working. I couldn't exactly tell people that I was saving my own money to move out, get away from my parents. As much as the whole moving out and becoming independent thing was normal for most, it wasn't normal for the Thornton's.
Everything comes with a price. That's what my father says. If I continue to use their money I'll stay here, stuck. Owing them everything I have.

I want my own money. That I can use for whatever I want. To waste or use wisely instead of being controlled over and over again. If my parents knew I had been earning my own money they'd take it in one way or another.
"Ok dear. Nice seeing you" Ward smiled pulling Rose towards the car, Wheezie close behind.
Rafe however waited for them to leave before walking the opposite direction. My brows frown a little. I guess Topper was right? They really had cut him off.
All of this happy family bullshit was for show.

Looking to the right I see Topper getting into my car with Sarah "Topper!" I warned, he however was too indulged with Sarah to notice that he was leaving me here with no ride back.
"Shit" I whispered under my breath , I'd have to call a cab or find a ride somehow.
Meaning money. Money I really didn't want to spend. Our parents gave me money. For the bills, for food. But that was about it. No money for cabs or anything else.

All the money Topper needed or wanted for "going out" or "hanging out with his boys" was from me, from my pocket. But he didn't know that.
Pulling out my wallet, I only had five dollars. Shit. I'd left everything else at home.
I huffed slightly. I'd walk. It isn't that far. Right?
Sighing I pull out a cigarette, lighting it before walking towards town.
The heals I was wearing clicking each step I took.

I dropped my cigarette squishing it with my heal as I put it out "smoking that close to church? Your lucky father Gabriel didn't smell it" Rafe was in his blue range over, window down smirking at me.
"Yeah real lucky" I stated, rather uninterested with Rafe and the Cameron's in general.
"What is it that father Gabe loves to say? 'When you feel in doubt look to god and he'll guide you' are you in doubt Olivia?" His voice was full of amusement as he mocked father Gabriel.

Although I hated church I did conform best I could when I was younger. Including wearing a purity ring. 'Saving myself for marriage' I didn't think I even still believe in all that but somehow I could never give in. Lose it. It was all I had control over in a way. Everything else was decided for me. My parents wanted me to find a boy, get married and have babies.
So I did the opposite, I stayed away from every boy that showed interest. I didn't sleep with anyone and I certainly didn't get married. I came close to it once.

Really close. But I wasn't myself then and luckily for me I was interrupted by my mother. I was in trouble but not for long- they needed me to baby sit for Topper. They took me to the doctor and made me go on the pill but the doctor had over plans.

"Topper ditched me for your high strung sister" I continue to walk down the narrow road but he only followed.
"Maybe you should take a page out of your brothers book?" Rafe causally stated as he tailed me with his car.
"What?" I turned toward his car with utter disgust. "Actually go out and have a life? Do something besides being on Toppers shoulder the whole time? Your what 19? Haven't you got anything better to do?" I couldn't help but let out a chuckle.

"First off I'm 22. Secondly if you think I'm going to let you corrupt my brother because you can't find friends your own age your mistaken" my brow raised as I looked his face up and down.
"So stuck up- you think your so much better then me don't you? I use to hangout with people my own age you know that don't you?You realise we practically live next door to each other so I'd hope you'd remember" Rafe's voice was full of attitude. He was trying to get under my skin. I wouldn't let him.

This was about who has some sort of moral compass which Rafe certainly doesn't have.
"We use too. That was before you moved out. I'm not your neighbour anymore" a fake smile flashed across my face as Rafe let out a low breath.
"Go fuck yourself. So uptight- I don't remember you being this uptight a few years ago" he rolled his eyes before driving off, purposely driving through a puddle, making my white dress soggy and stained.
We'd had a storm due to the hot weather recently, the muddy water dripping down my legs.

My jaw clenched. I held up my middle finger as he beeped his horn. Fucking asshole. He likes to think he knows me but he has no idea.

(Little teaser for y'all)