Birthday boy

"Happy birthday!" I jumped into his room with a card and a present, the blonde groaned as it was so early. Early for him anyway.
"Get up! Your 16!" I said excitedly as I sat on his bed, he sat up slowly his eyes adjusting to the light.
"Here" I gave him the card and present, the rest were down stairs, all of them I brought and signed some from our parents.

I watch as he opened the card reading it. He swallowed as his eyes got glassy "thanks" he leaned forward hugging me and I smile as I hold him tighter.
"Open your present-" I raise my brows as I pull away wiping a small tear that  rolled down my cheek.
He nodded opening the the gold wrapping paper.
"Holy shit! You didn't!" His eyes lit up and I couldn't help but squeak with excitement.

"I did" I grin and he jumps up picking me up and spinning me around.
"You got me tickets for my favourite band! And it's in Charleston! Across the water!" He hugged me tighter before letting go.
"I'm glad you like em- I got you two tickets so you can go with Rafe- had to save for them and everything" i scrunch your my nose as I said his name, god why couldn't Topper and Kelce just go?
"Thank you" he messed up my hair as he playfully scrunched it on my head.

"Hey!" I slapped his hand away as I try to fix my hair, laughing in the process.
I would go with Topper to see his fav band but it was on a Saturday so I couldn't plus I wasn't a fan of whoever he was seeing.
But Rafe was. I didn't want him to go alone.
"More presents down stairs from me and mom and Dad"
He nodded a little and just continued to go downstairs.

"You excited for the party tonight?"
I put a smile on my face as I tried to make this day less awful for him.

"You excited for the party tonight?" I put a smile on my face as I tried to make this day less awful for him

"Yeah- your welcome to join in. I know it isn't really your thing or whatever" he shrugged as he started to open his presents.
"Ok thanks" I laugh slightly, sometimes he acts like I'm 50, maybe it's because I act like his mother. But if I didn't who would?
Hours went by and Topper helped me decorate the place for the party. It looked nice.
There were dozens of bottles of different liquor which worried me slightly because if someone was sick I'd have to clean it.

I hate sick. "Topper- I'm not cleaning anyones body fluids. It's your party your responsibility got it?" I pointed a stern finger at the boy and he chuckled "obviously" rolling his eyes he went upstairs to change.
A few hours later and people were staring to roll in.
A lot more people then I thought. Grabbing a bottle of wine that someone was trying to steal, I swig on it as I lean against the staircase watching Topper play beer pong.

My brows frown when I see someone I saw a few days ago. The guy that grabbed my ass-
Hell no. I set the bottle down walking over to him before he could speak to anyone let alone get himself a drink.
"What the hell are you doing here?" I pointed my finger to his chest, my words slightly faster then usual.
"Yo Rowan! Hey!" That's when Topper and Kelce put their arms round the guy.

Welcoming him. My face dropped slightly "you ok sis?" Topper chuckled as he saw my expression.
"Hmm" I nod quickly hurrying off to get another bottle of wine.
"You don't like Rowan?" That's when I jump in fright as Rafe snuck up behind me.
"Nope" I popped the 'p' as I spoke, opening the bottle cap and flicking it off.

"Why?" Rafe sipped on his beer as he followed my eyes to Topper and this so called 'Rowan'
"Doesn't matter" I mumbled lazily as I look down the bottle, seeing the liquid sway in the container as I moved.
"It obviously does- if it didn't you wouldn't of walked up to him like you were gunna decapitate the son of a bitch" Rafe smirked down at me and I scoff.

"Who is he anyway? How's he know Topper?" I chewed on my cheek as I watched the pair.
"He owns that big car fixing shop- the one with the cool graffiti on the door. He fixed Topper's car" Rafe only shrugged casually but me. A chill ran up my spine.
I didn't like the idea of Topper hanging out with him.

"What'd he do? I can see your eye twitching Thornton. It isn't your best look" he gesture to both my eyes with his finger as he blocked my view.
"My eye doesn't twitch" I narrowed my eyes at him as I tried to get a better look over his shoulder.
"Yes it does now tell me what's going on?" Rafe raised his brows in question.

"He grabbed me at the party the other night. I took care of it- I didn't know Topper was friends with that asshole" I huffed a little, I didn't know what to do? I'd have to tell him. Surely. I couldn't let him hang out with someone like that.
"Grabbed you? What do you mean?" Rafe's eyes darkened as his body became more stiff, showing me he was listening this time.
"I think you know what that means Rafe. He grabbed my ass. He's just some creep" I rolled my eyes slightly not wanting to repeat that out loud.

"Hmm" Rafe sucked on his front teeth before looking at Rowan.
"He's just a pervert- how old is he? Like 30?" I raised my brows in question. Rafe stepped aside next to me again as we watched the party. Although I didn't like Rafe hanging out with Topper I knew that he wouldn't let anyone hurt him. In a way I think Topper was the little brother Rafe always wanted. He baby sat Topper a lot (even though I hated giving Topper up to him) because I knew that the only person who could look after Topper the best was me.

"Hmm" Rafe hummed yet again and I finally look up at him seeing his gaze on topper and rowan.
"Don't worry. I'll talk to Topper. Say I've heard stuff" he nodded at me before grabbing his beer bottle and walking off. How weird. Was Rafe actually being nice to me? He's not nice to anyone. Well except Topper.
I didn't see Rafe the rest of the night, he probably left.

I crashed pretty early, locked myself in my room. The party went on for hours I'm surprised the cops weren't called. I wasn't gunna ruin Tops fun so I just put my headphones on and ignored it. I'd have a late night tomorrow so I needed to get some rest.
That was until my alarm went off, through my earphones. "Jesus!" I screech as the harsh ring made my ears shake.
Shit- it's a Saturday. Checking my alarm I sigh slightly. Only 12am.

I stretch my back before I fully got up, I didn't even want to see how bad the house was.
So I did as I always did every Saturday morning, I got up, showered,changed and tidied my room.
I jump on my bed when I'm done scrolling through my phone, that's when a local news article popped up.
It made the hairs stand up on the back of my neck.
Little fucker-