Meetings.

Liv's POV

After the whole cupboard incident I'd tried avoiding Jace.
I didn't want to have to admit that I was basically fucking Rafe in some storage room, I was also mad at Rafe for texting Jace of all people.
He did it on purpose. He even said he did when i confronted him about it.
It just causes more bad blood and issues between all of us then their should be.
On top of all that, my father came home.

My mother was still working abroad but my father had to come home for a business meeting.
For some fucked up reason this so called meeting couldn't be anywhere else except our house.
At least 30 of them, the youngest being Rafe and Jace.
I'd avoided interacting with both of them, the second I heard of this meeting I was locking myself upstairs.
But now I was in the kitchen hoping I could get some food and not be detected.

That's when my phones buzzed. I see Rafe's contact and curse.

'Don't you look pretty'

My brows frown slightly, I turn not seeing him.

'To your left'

Another message came through and i mentally died from embarrassment. Turning slightly I see our dining room door wide open.
All the men sat round a circle table. Some glancing at me as I'd walked into the kitchen next to it.
"Good. Liv your here- get us men a drink would you? Just grab the whiskey from my study" my father smirked cockily as some of his friends chuckled.
Fucking slimy piece of shit fuck-

Swallowing the fire in my belly I nod and smile.

'Why are you here?'

I message Rafe as I walk into my fathers study. Jesus he was annoying about it being clean and in order.

'For the business meeting obviously'

I roll my eyes at his reply 'I know there's a business meeting. My question is why YOU are here?'

I laugh a little at my little dig before grabbing the whiskey and putting it on a tray with lots of cups.
Walking into the room I feel my cheeks heat up from there stares, growing increasingly embarrassed.
"Pour us a drink will you" my father waved his hand at me like I'm some slave.
Biting my tongue so hard it actually bled, I calmly place a glass in front of each of the men.
Going round filling their glasses up as quickly as possible.

I go to pour Rafe's but he grabbed my wrist "I don't drink not when I'm working" my eyes found his, frozen as he let go of my wrist slowly.
I turn looking up to see everyone's eyes on us.
"Everything ok Rafe?" My father asked, gesturing to the empty glass.
Rafe nodded, telling my father about his new sobriety. Fucking liar.
I quickly fill the last glasses about to run off and leave the house so I didn't have to stick around these men.

"Oh one more thing- grab the plates from the fridge would you" I stop at the door, ready to turn round and tell him to fuck himself.
Before my phone buzzed, I turn towards my father smiling "of course father" i leave the dining room, opening the fridge to pull out trays of cheese, bread and fancy shit I couldn't name. Why all this for some business meeting?
I lay the trays on the counter, getting out small plates for everyone.
Checking my phone I see his message.

'Ouch. Are you saying I'm not a professional business man?"

I laugh slightly before putting my phone back in my pocket.
I carry the plates and the trays out, laying them on the table before turning to my father.
Waiting for him to bark another order at me but he simply just nodded.
I scoff slightly, not even a bloody thank you.
That's when my phone buzzed again.

'meet me in the bathroom. You didn't think you could wear those jeans and not get my attention did you?'

I shake my head in amusement.
Going upstairs to my room. I wasn't about to get fucked in my shared bathroom. Not when I have my own.
One that would make sure we weren't disturbed.
The moment the bathroom door opened I jumped him.
Throwing myself at him- my mouth connects with his and he grabs my hips pulling me away.

"I thought you wanted me?" A flash of insecurity floods my face- did he not want me?
"I do- but I care more about what happened downstairs" his hand caressed my face softly. Swallowing slowly- I push him away rolling my eyes.
"Nothing happened. I fetched food and drinks for you and your business buddies- nothing more" I cross my arms finding this topic boring.
I didn't like talking about things that bothered me. Who does?
"Liv- I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about your Dad speaking to you like a piece of shit and bossing you around like an idiot" Rafe's face scrunched up sourly as he spoke about my father.

"Rafe- I told you one thing about my parents and how they are and now you're trying to play hero- trust me I'm use to this sort of behaviour. I don't need to talk about it or get you to step in. I'm fine. I was fine then and I'm fine now." I wasn't use to people giving a fuck.
Topper cared for me but he would never stand up to my parents , i didn't expect him too but he never even spoke to me about how our parents mistreated me at times.

"Ok you're fine. Cool but I'm not" Rafe's voice was harsh, cutting through my hard exterior.
"What?" I shook my head in disbelief, what was he even talking about.
"I'm not fine with how he talks to you- how your dismissed like that. It's fucking rude" he steps closer, making the gap between us non-existent.
"I don't need you fixing things" I looked down at the floor, sighing a little. Rafe's hand reached out tilting my chin up so I'd look up at him.

"You don't need fixing. Your parents on the other hand need fucking manners" his finger wiped my cheek, feeling the soft skin and my face instantly heats up by his touch.
"Please Rafe- leave it. You'll just make things worse" I grab his hand that was smoothing over my cheek, holding it in my hands.
"Ok. You don't want me getting involved I won't but you need to start talking to me. Stop dismissing things because they're your 'normal' ok?" I was taken back by what he just said, 'my normal'

They were my normal. I knew what they said and did was wrong. But I never said anything. Why?
Because it is my normal. I'd never even thought about that.
"Fine-" I nod agreeing with him just this once, that's when he leans in kissing me.
"Good. I'll see you tomorrow" he smirked a little, my stomach twisted at the look on his face. He was up to something.
"Tomorrow?" I questioned, I didn't see anything in my calendar.

"Yeah? There's a beach party. We're going- but meet me before I need to talk to you" he kissed my head before walking out my room.
Well that was strange. What beach party? And why couldn't he just talk to me now?