"That's illegal"

Liv's POV
Betting stations were at the entrance as you went in, you had to place a bet to stay in the building.
It was a bare knuckle fighting match. I placed a bet on someone I didn't even know. I wasn't interested.
Why was Rafe here? To watch people savagely beat each other to death without any protection and a crowd that was so angry they might as well jump in the ring. Did he have a betting problem?

It was a circle like room, the cage like ring in the centre. It looked like something you'd see on tv when watching ufc.
I made my way through the crowd, noticing the looks I was getting. I didn't look like I belonged here. I didn't. They knew it. I knew it.
Everybody knew it.
I swallow slightly as I get to the front of the crowd seeing who was in the cage, my eyes froze as I saw two men get in.

One of them being Rafe. My brows frowned as I shook my head slightly.  Oh my god-
He going to get himself killed.
Bare knuckle boxing as well as an illegal betting system wasn't good at all.
I watched as they began to fight, I jump when the guy Rafe was against punched him towards me, Rafe hit the cage, grabbing hold of it with a wicked smirk that soon dropped when he saw me.

His face full of confusion. It's like time froze as he looked at me through those metal walls.
He quickly pushed off the cage as his opponent tried to punch him from behind.
Soon enough it was 'half time' they had a water break they didn't even leave the cage.
It was fairly quick. Probably not even five minutes. Rafe was clearly winning. Everyone knew it.
Rafe jumped slightly as the match began again, warming back up.

"Hey!" I shouted as someone from behind me grabbed my ass.
"You know you want it" I turned pushing the guy from behind me, trying to push him away so his body wasn't against mine.
"Get off me you creep!" I screamed, the crowd so loud and packed that there was no room.
Rafe noticed, his face dropping slightly as he ran towards the side of the cage.
"Get the fuck off her!" He shouted and that's when I jumped in horror as his opponent attacked him from the side as he was distracted.

The lump in my throat becoming more and more painful as I watched Rafe get knocked out and beat to the ground like some rag doll.
His opponent knocked him out with the first punch, punching him in the side of the head! Fucking loser, petty ass weak bitch. Couldn't win when Rafe actually was in the fight but attacks him when he's distracted.
He was out of it. But they still let him get punched the shit out of- the fight was clearly won and over.

Some of the crowd shouts in anger and others cheered depending on who you were betting on.
That's when a woman from the crowd who got next to me pushed the guy off me, making his hands slip from my waist.
"Shove off asshole!" She growled, she looked like she'd kick his ass if he talked back and he simply followed her orders.
"You ok?" She spoke to me loudly as she tried to communicate over the noise.
I nod quickly, facing the ring again as the fight got broke up.

Rafe had blood coming out his noise and his body was bruised.
They pulled him up giving him what looked like "shitty" first aid. It was more a towel and water.
They cleaned him up, splashed his face and gave him ice.
I tried getting round the crowd, trying to see where Rafe had gone. It took at least half an hour to get out the crowd and back round it.

I couldn't find him. I needed to find him.
I went toward the entrance talking to someone who was running the betting station.
"Where'd they take that guy? The one who lost" I shouted over the counter like desk he was sitting in.
"I dunno" he shrugged as he licked his finger counting the money in his hand.
That's when I feel a grip on my arm, I Yelp not expecting to be dragged from the building.

I panic thinking it was the same guy in the crowd but as soon as I turned kicking and screaming I see it was Rafe.
"Rafe-" I lost my breath as I saw him, his lips still stained with blood, his body covered but his face almost different colours
The bridge of his nose bruised instantly, his eye black and eyebrow slit from the Impact of the beating.
He didn't stop walking as he manhandled me towards a posh looking black car that was out of sight from the building.